Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy 1500 16-18 October

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    It was good seeing you again Frank. Also nice meeting your partner Carrie.
    Good seeing you as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Final observation: This one had a different vibe; it wasn't as "gritty" as I remember previous 1500s. Maybe it's the extra room from 40K more square feet. Maybe it's because it was in the horse barn (by day 2 the gun show smells covered up the horse barn smell, fairly neutral smell except for Buckeye Chocolate roasting nuts.)

People were polite and nobody stunk. Nobody got cuffed and stuffed. Nobody shot their finger off with a 1911. Where did I spend the last two days?

Now today when I'm doing stuff around the house something will happen there, or not.
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker

User Info Menu

FYI My free ticket from page 10 has been claimed. Thanks for playing!

User Info Menu

Wow Sunday morning 10 AM, and I have had the pleasure of reading through ten pages of I saw you, did you see me posts, do we have to wear a mask, anybody find any powder, and where the building is.
    Hey, other than that, ANY GUNS AND/OR AMMO DEALS gong on?
    Thank You.

not a shill account

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Wow Sunday morning 10 AM, and I have had the pleasure of reading through ten pages of I saw you, did you see me posts, do we have to wear a mask, anybody find any powder, and where the building is.
    Hey, other than that, ANY GUNS AND/OR AMMO DEALS gong on?
    Thank You.
    I've not been to the 1500 this weekend, but I've been to half-a-dozen gun shows in the the last couple months. Not sure how you meant it, so take this with the appropriate amount of sodium chloride, but anyone looking for deals right now is likely to be disappointed. It is definitely a sellers' market.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that this may become part of someones sig line?

LP1
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian's Surplus View Post
    That's below MAP pricing. If I get caught selling them that low, I can't get them anymore. Makes it hard for vendors that play by the rules to compete...
    IMO, the concept of MAP is anti-competitive. Based on discussions with vendors in a non-firearms field where MAP is common, it's OK to sell at less than MAP as long as the price is not ADVERTISED in the media or online.

User Info Menu

You right Johnny I am working and cannot go find out, just wondering if anyone saw any good deals on Guns or Ammunition.

User Info Menu

Heard this was one of the worst attended and low sales “shows” across many states.

Where is everyone?

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ashby koss View Post
    Heard this was one of the worst attended and low sales “shows” across many states.

Where is everyone?
    Where you hear that?
    INGOer #25,448

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ashby koss View Post

Where is everyone?
    I heard the same thing from several vendors and a few customers. A couple I talked to said they will never go back. I also talked to a couple that said it was an "OK" show. I didn't talk to any vendors that said it was a great show. The response that I got from several vendors that do the same shows that I do was that the smaller shows have been much better. One vendor claimed he only sold 52 guns this weekend at the 1500 (the same guy sold over 120 guns at the last Stout Field armory show).

I think the fact that the promoter of the 1500 refused to refund table money paid in advance for the cancelled show in March made for some disgruntled vendors. Sure, they carried it over to this show, but that's a long time to wait while someone holds their money. The cancellation was certainly not their fault, but it's just bad business in my opinion to hold $100,000 of table money in limbo for so long while cancelling multiple shows.

I had a great weekend at the small, $35 per table show I was at. Some of the vendors at the show I was at said it was mediocre, so not everyone had a great show.

I quit doing the 1500 when they raised table rent from $55 to $65 if that tells you how long it's been since I set up there. When I started doing the 1500, tables were $45, parking was $3 and I think admission was only $6 or $8.

I'm looking forward to the show up north next weekend, and I know many other vendors are as well. It rarely disappoints.
    BRIAN'S SURPLUS
    5925 E 00 NS
    Greentown, IN 46936
    Open Monday through Saturday 11am - 5:30pm, or by appointment. Closed Sunday.

765-628-3196
    www.brianssurplus.com

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast