Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Best Day to go to Indy 1500?

I would really rather not go on Friday night if I don't have to, but will all the best deals be gone by Saturday morning? Looking mainly for reloading supplies (primers, powder, bullets).
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I really dont think there is a "best day".

Some shows stuff gets sold out Friday, some shows, it leaves with vendors on Sunday. We learn what kind of show it was Sunday when we pack up.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)bc062c3&p=6786728#post6786728" rel="nofollow">View Post
    I really dont think there is a "best day".

Some shows stuff gets sold out Friday, some shows, it leaves with vendors on Sunday. We learn what kind of show it was Sunday when we pack up.
    THIS, however, IMHO, the "best" deals, can be made on Sun.

Some vendors, don't want to pack it up, and take it with them .....

Flip side, is as stated above, some stuff, is gone .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

Why do you like them so much ?

Because they stand on a wall, and

say, NOTHING is going to hurt you,

NOT on MY watch .....

I did the Sunday thing on the last 1500 and most of the things I was looking for were slim pickings and the ones I found were way overpriced or looked "defective". I think if a vendor really wants to make a sale he'll do it regardless what day it is. I always see this one vendor that he and I haggled out a few times and he wouldn't budge on the price and now I just walk by, look at the same guns he keeps bringing with same or overpriced tags, smile and move on and buy from someone else.
    No matter where you go, there you are

I'd avoid Saturday morning. There will probably be a line half way around the building when it opens and elbow to elbow inside. I'm going Sunday.

I did not realize that it opens at 2:00 on Friday, so actually, I might just go on Friday after all.
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Plinker
    of the last few years i only attend the one show , the fall 1500 coming up this wk end . i make it MY day . the show is about 45 min. drive for me . stop & eat , get to show 90 min. early or so . get in line and talk to the other folks that are there , especially the old timers . have had good luck going early . made a couple of good gun purchases b 4 the show opened , the last about 3 years ago when i bought a pristine m686 s&w once fired with the box for $280 .. ! was buying ammo at the show a lot but have bought most of it on line so i will be free to stroll & look. of course if you take a female ,which i have done , the plans get altered a bit . looking forward to friday .....

Plinker
    Ah I forgot that it was this weekend. I live 3 hours away and granted I've been there twice, but they're weren't too many good deals. I feel like there will be a lot of raping due to the election.

Friday if you can swing it. less people, and if there are any deals left that the other dealers didn't cabbage onto then friday is your best chance to get them.
    RIFLEMAN

I love 'lovemywoods'' woods!

Plinker
    Lot of luck involved if you are trying to buy from folks just walking around. My advise, keep you eyes wide open and stop looking at the tables! You might find a gem at any time. I do like Friday though!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast