Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

INGO AR15 Build Party 12/14/08 AAR (now with pics!)

Build party pics...
    Last edited by Chefcook; 12-14-2008 at 17:02.

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

mmmmm bigcraig
    Brandon

Glock 19 w/ 147gr HST - OC/CC
    Kel-Tec Pf9 w/ 147gr HST - DCC
    Mossberg 500 Cruiser Tactical w/ Fiocchi 00 - HD

User Info Menu

A quick AAR:

There were a lot less people there than I anticipated, and of those, only about half a dozen guys actually built anything. It was nice to see some familiar faces I hadn't seen in awhile, as well as meet some new folks. With able (or a resonable facsimile thereof) assistance from bigcraig, me, VUPDblue and Brad from Civilian Defense Co., I think everybody got their lowers together and functional. Hopefully even the people who didn't build learned some things and had some fun. And somebody, God bless 'em, brought a big bucket of homemade cookies. I was happy.

Thanks to VUPDblue for organizing this event, and to MCF&G for hosting it.

User Info Menu

looks like it was a good time to help make EBRs and shoot the bull.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    Thanks to VUPDblue for organizing this event, and to MCF&G for hosting it.
    A BIG

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and drooling over the big (and small) beautiful black (and white) tools strewn about all over!!! I very much appreciate BigCraig and everyone for all your help! I would never have figured that out on my own but I now feel that I could having put my first together. This was a priceless event and I learned a lot.

We should do things like this more often. Call it public education of firearms and such.

I had a great time and wish I could have stuck around to shoot. Maybe next time.

Very nice pics btw!!

ATM

User Info Menu

Had a great time meeting folks and learning how to assemble a lower. I am thankful for those who hosted, instructed with builds, provided tools and ogling EBRs, cookies, parts, and putting more faces with names.
    Thanks!

Also: If anyone found a tiny ziplock bag with some detents and springs (the lower parts I can't install until buffer tube) please PM me.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Thanks again to Nick, Craig and Mark for the knowledge and experience they brought to the table

jack
    "No law ever written has stopped any robber,rapist,or killer like cold blue steel in the hands of his last intended victim."
    W.Emerson Wright

User Info Menu

Sounds like you guys had a good time and learned a lot. Regrets that I couldn't be there. Still no word on when my kit will ship, but I'm trying my hardest to be patient!!!

I did have fun today, though. Got a last minute invite to the Colts game!
    Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

Do kids still play Cops and Robbers, or are they just taught both are equally bad and given a participation ribbon after a rousing game of scoreless Everyone's a Winner Ball? - BehindBlueI's
    Well, gee whiz, if the Government released a nest of ants, roaches and bedbugs into everybody's house, they shouldn't be surprised if people run out to buy bug spray! - Comment on White House concerns over increased gun sales

User Info Menu

Had a great time! Was good to meet everyone Thanks to the host and all who helped me on my first lower build Where did the group pics go?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast