2015 NFA Day????????????? Is there a possibility????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if this has been spoke on yet, but I'm sitting here fooling around on YouTube and found this gem [video=youtube_share;D_1OXKqVwiQ]http://youtu.be/D_1OXKqVwiQ[/video]

Ive met a lot of great people from NFA day in the past and can speak for everyone had an awesome time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The INGOers who had organized this event in years past decided last year to take a break from it for awhile, due both to a lack of enthusiasm on our part (in addition to additional life/job/etc commitments for many of us), and an apparent lack of enthusiasm on the part of our primary audience – those looking to experience and/or enter the NFA world for the first time. In 2013, we had a hard time filling 25 shooter slots on "n00b Day," if you can believe that. We brought over a few folks who would normally have shot on "Alumni Day," added a couple extra personal guests, and still had room to spare. The ammo crunch going on at the time was probably a factor, as was the general mainstreaming of the NFA ownership process that had occurred since the first NFA Day back in 2008 (witness the growing popularity of NFA trusts, the increase in the number of Class III dealers around, and the easier access to NFA information via numerous online sources). Personally, I think the 2013 NFA Day was the best one yet, and there's something to be said for going out on top. :)

We might consider doing the event again in the future (the pending legality of SBS in Indiana could add a fun new dimension to future shoots); in the meantime, there's nothing stopping any other INGOer(s) from picking up the reins and putting on NFA Day or something like it. Heck, I'd love to just get together with a few of my fellow NFA-owning INGOers and have a casual shoot sometime.

My :twocents:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'd be interested. I couldn't make 2013 because a boss wouldn't let me have the time off. He is no longer employed where I am.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Not sure if this has been spoke on yet, but I'm sitting here fooling around on YouTube and found this gem [video=youtube_share;D_1OXKqVwiQ]http://youtu.be/D_1OXKqVwiQ[/video]

Ive met a lot of great people from NFA day in the past and can speak for everyone had an awesome time.

I saw this video one boring day at work last year. I would absolutely love to go to an NFA day! I know a few friends who would love to go as well.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was fortunate in that I attended the 2013 NFA Rookie Day, had the time of my life. Would do it again in a heartbeat....

Also, at the dinner afterwards I had the best ribs I have ever tasted in my life. I was plotting to steal Lovemywoods wife, until I found out that HE made them....:(

I'll just add this.......https://youtu.be/Cj30zgfnmzw

Edit, I think I was one of the last of the day to fire the MG42, it was getting tired....

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I had a great time and hope it comes back.

[video=youtube;OVKHM5JG_z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKHM5JG_z4[/video]
    [video=youtube;xtQ9h41A9Q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtQ9h41A9Q8[/video]
    [video=youtube;3AnawJRjOkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AnawJRjOkc[/video]

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I was at the last noob NFA day as well, I had a lot of fun and I also learned a lot about the NFA world. I think with the amount of new members over the last year that it shouldn' be hard to find 25 people. I'll pretend to be a noob again and can bring my NFA items...uhhh I mean whats NFA?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Having attended noob day in 2012, I could easily see how the enthusiasm might wain for the folks that put it on. It looks like it is a TON of work. Again, having participating in one, I have a hard time understanding how enthusiasm might diminish among the attendees. Maybe it was the ammo thing. It was tough going there for awhile.

I offered to help in 2013 and my offer stands for future ones.

The INGOers who had organized this event in years past decided last year to take a break from it for awhile, due both to a lack of enthusiasm on our part (in addition to additional life/job/etc commitments for many of us), and an apparent lack of enthusiasm on the part of our primary audience – those looking to experience and/or enter the NFA world for the first time. In 2013, we had a hard time filling 25 shooter slots on "n00b Day," if you can believe that. We brought over a few folks who would normally have shot on "Alumni Day," added a couple extra personal guests, and still had room to spare. The ammo crunch going on at the time was probably a factor, as was the general mainstreaming of the NFA ownership process that had occurred since the first NFA Day back in 2008 (witness the growing popularity of NFA trusts, the increase in the number of Class III dealers around, and the easier access to NFA information via numerous online sources). Personally, I think the 2013 NFA Day was the best one yet, and there's something to be said for going out on top. :)

We might consider doing the event again in the future (the pending legality of SBS in Indiana could add a fun new dimension to future shoots); in the meantime, there's nothing stopping any other INGOer(s) from picking up the reins and putting on NFA Day or something like it. Heck, I'd love to just get together with a few of my fellow NFA-owning INGOers and have a casual shoot sometime.

My :twocents:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I went in 2013. It was so much fun. Ditto on the Ribs comment. I'd love to come again. Now that the ammo crunch is over, I'd actually get some ammo for guns I don't have now!

I also want to say that lovemywoods was a great host, and I appreciated the use of his house.

As posted above, while I don't have any NFA items (on the list, those stamps are expensive!), I'd be happy to help if there is one held!

Top Bottom