• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Is anyone planning an eat and greet in Nashville, IN this year? It had been in February for a couple of years, then last year was in April. If it's not too late, I don't want to miss it!

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I had asked this question in another thread talking about meet ups and such, and had heard they are talking about it but it might not be a Big Woods Pizza this year since business has really picked up. I decided not to go last year for some strange reason but I am interested in going this year.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    VERT is aware of the desire for this meat and greet [STRIKE]and has already been in touch with the owners of Big Woods[/STRIKE]. The concern is if their regular business has grown too much to hold us as a separate group...

I'll make him aware of this thread...

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have not mentioned anything to the owners for this spring. I did talk to a manager back in December. I am sure they would try to accommodate us. But Big Woods and Quaff On is a real American success story with a 4th restaurant opening and an expanding bottling business.

I am am kind of hoping somebody else will take the reins on organizing an event this year. To be vey honest I am simply tapped out on time between two kids, work, and donating time to 2 conservation/gun clubs. I had to sneak off for an hour and a half and blow $20 at the indoor range tonight just to accuracy test some reloads and check the sights on my USPSA gun.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ok guys I am back. Talked to one of the owners at Big Woods. The upstairs of the pizza place is always packed on weekends in the evening and used for overflow during peak tourist season. BUT BUT BUT.... Tim is going to talk to Chris, the manager, and see what his opinion about having something for us. The tourist season has not yet started. What I proposed was an early dinner or late lunch in March. Basically we occupy the upstairs of the pizza place before the evening. since people like to shoot I suggested March 19th. South Centeal Gun Club is having a Steel Challenge match that Saturday. Only about 45 minutes down the road. Or people could go shopping in Nashville and have a late lunch. Probably about 3pm for food.

This is not an official event! Tim will talk to Chris and will get back to me.

Nate

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Of course! The weekend we're out of town. :(

Well nothing in stone. But organizing any type of open to the public shooting invitations at private clubs such as Hoosier Hills or South Central Gun Club requires approval from the memberships. This means having a plan, submitting it to a vote at an official meeting. This all takes time, a sponsor, volunteer ROs. That's why piggy backing onto an existing event would make sense. Steel challenge is the easiest of the events to plan around because they run quickly, are family friendly and don't take any special equipment.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'll keep an eye on this thread. We're potentially planning to be gone as well, but I would love to go hang out again if it works out.

Thanks for picking this up again guys.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Ate at the Out of the Ordinary in Nashville tonight. Good food. They have a bar in the back. On a whim I asked if they would oblige a meet and eat for INGO. "As long as it isn't an October weekend". Spoke with the manager, whom I know, and she said they could close off part of the dining room if need be.

what say INGO? Give me a date and I can let them know.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ate at the Out of the Ordinary in Nashville tonight. Good food. They have a bar in the back. On a whim I asked if they would oblige a meet and eat for INGO. "As long as it isn't an October weekend". Spoke with the manager, whom I know, and she said they could close off part of the dining room if need be.

what say INGO? Give me a date and I can let them know.

Sounds like a plan.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm now working afternoon shift, so not sure if I'll make it this year. Haven't eaten at this new option, but I'm excited that there are other (firearms friendly?) opportunities for us to meet. Maybe late April / early May?

Top Bottom