• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Post your pics and talk about the event here.
    I'll update this post shortly with the inventory of stuff.

--EDIT--
    So what did you like?
    What did you NOT like?
    What should we do different next year?

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :rockwoot:I had a great time. The kisd were great. I enjoyed working with Adam, 1776 and wife, wade and wife and even Sadclown.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's Report

--MONEY STATUS---
    Pre event Pot: $84.82
    Expenses: $82.32 for 7 OSB boards donated to WINAMAC DNR
    Donations: $62
    Post event pot: $64.50
    ---

--FOOD STATUS---
    1 unopened box of small chips (30 count)
    2 unopened family bags of chips
    2 unopened family bags of chexmix
    1 box of small chips (mixed stuff 25 count)
    1 case of kids juice boxes NOTE 1

All out of drinks. :(

---

--SUPPLIES STATUS---
    1 open box of forks/spoons/knifes

All out of plates :(
    All out of food trays :(
    All out of garbage bags :(
    ---
    ---

--NUMBERS---

--FOOD--
    DNR is reporting that they their initial count was at 63 kids/adults at the event. However the main DNR manager said that he was doing a head count and came up with mid 80s for the general public. They will get back to us but he believes the 63 was too low. I would agree with him because we went through a lot more food this year then last. We went thru 52 burgers and 48 hot dogs and that does not count the burgers that Libertarian01 and his friend cooked on their grill. The vast majority of people got either a hot dog or a burger even thought we were offering everything, no limit. So our food count alone was 100.

--AMMO--
    .22lr
    Estimated Start: 13K
    Ending Balance: 10,410
    Usage: 3K

Estimated Start: 2K
    Ending Balance: 1,619
    Usage: 400

7.62x39
    Estimates Start: 1.3K
    Ending Balance: 801
    Usage: 500
    ---
    ---

---NOTES---
    NOTE 1:
    Does anyone know who brought the kids juice boxes? How much was it? I am asking because I know INGO won't drink these at the next events and I am willing to buy them off INGO for an upcoming event I am having. So will end up adding to the plywood pot of money instead.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    THANK YOU

Okay now that I got the report out of the way let me say

THANK YOU THANK YOU
    to all our volunteers, donors and sponsors. It is because of you that such an event can happen and be successful as well.
    We had ammo come once again from all over the state and even from IL! INGO members are some of the most generous gun-owners I have "never" met. I mean that because some of you members I have never met yet you donated ammo, a TON of ammo, for an event you have never been to and only see after the fact. It's amazing to me how this occurs. We had ammo in boxes, ammo in zip lock bags, heck even ammo in a medicine bottle donated!

Our food donors did an outstanding job this year as well. There was so much food that no one was turned away and the kids had a blast eating cookies, chips, fruit rolls, etc. What stole the show was Libertarians01's bacon! Cheeseburger Bacon Burger with all the fixings onion, lettuce, tomatoes. :drool: I'm not a bog fan of bacon but that bacon was oh so good! & the backed beans... :drool: I better stop cause I'm getting hungry again.

Firearm coaches and ROs once again a ZERO incident event! You guys are what makes this event possible. 4 hours of instructing with very little breaks and we just give you water to keep you from passing out. :) How you guys do it I do not know.

The cooks you have outdone yourself once again. I know it's a makeshift kitchen that we setup but even in that you manage to cook some yummy food that everyone keeps coming back for more. I know it was hot in the kitchen and at times you not only had to deal with grease fires and smoke but also the bugs yet you guys continued to cook like if it was nothing.

Floaters a BIG THANK YOU cause you guys were flexible and moving to whatever area needed help and in ensuring that everyone had water and ammo with every little guidance needed.

Photographers I did not forget about you. You guys were everywhere and nowhere all at once. Can not wait to see all the pictures you guys took. My camera phone is no match against those paparazzi style big lens cameras you guys were using.

Our sponsors once again due to their donations we had T-Shirts and all looked like a semi-organized group that knew what we were doing. :) A big shot out to 1775usmarine for taking the lead on the shirts and getting that done for us. It was a big help.

Last but not least lonehoosier and matt from Front Toward The Enemy. We had suppressors on everything on the 25 yard so the little ones had no issues hearing and not being intimidated by the rifles as first time shooters. In addition on the 50 yard the big caliber rifles AR/AK finally we were able to quiet a big. Especially the AK! I suspect that is the reason we shot so much of it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Last but not least lonehoosier and matt from Front Toward The Enemy. We had suppressors on everything on the 25 yard so the little ones had no issues hearing and not being intimidated by the rifles as first time shooters. In addition on the 50 yard the big caliber rifles AR/AK finally we were able to quiet a big. Especially the AK! I suspect that is the reason we shot so much of it.

Your very welcome. You guys put on an awesome event, was great to see tons of young new shooters! Was nice meeting some more ingoers, and seeing some I already knew too. Next year I can help out if needed, with whatever...just give me a shout..

Well done!

Matt

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My son and I had a great time.
    I feel like we had more in attendance this year then last. Many were jumping back in line, which to me means we were doing things right and they were enjoying themselves.
    The communication on the 25 yrd range between the coaches (myself included) and the RO was very clear and improved, making a safe event even safer. My hat's off to Erick (screen name?).
    Finally, I really enjoy coming out each year and interacting with new shooters, especially the young ones. You ask how we do almost 4 hours straight? Simply put, it's fulfilling!
    Thank you for once again letting me participate in a great event! You the Man Jedi.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My daughter had a blast, i enjoyed trying out trap(never tried before), and the wife had fun as the personal photographer. I think all was great and I wouldn't change a thing!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I and my friends had a GREAT time!!!

I just walked in the door about ten (10) minutes ago, around 2350.

After we left we drove to Syracuse where Alina earned her Girl Scout Equistrain badge. I learned a bit about horses today too.

She had a wonderful time shooting, although she had some issues with scopes. Her mom had a blast, maybe more fun than any of us. Jack appreciates everyone's compliments of his food.

I will post a bit more later as I am dead tired and want to shower and sleep.

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I'd like to thank Jedi.
    While it is true EVERYONE worked hard (and I'm also thanking), chances are if someone didn't show, we could have worked around it.
    But Jedi organized all this.
    Without him, I don't know if it would have happened.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm glad everyone liked the shirts seemed that with coach or volunteer on the back there was less confusion by the families there as to who is who. Thanks to Jedi because without you we would not be doing this.

My wife had a blast on the 50yd even though she usually does trap. She said a lot of people even our members were impressed with my Marlin 80. Most haven't seen a 24 in barrel on a 22, and were impressed with its accuracy on the spinners especially when they found out its a 80+ yr old rifle.

Towards the end we did get swamped as it seemed as soon as you were done teaching the next student was right behind them. I will be collecting for shirts next year, so if you see me during the M&S hit me up or if your a member and want to donate by PayPal that's cool too send me PM.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Jedi, if you're talking about those honest brand juice boxes, i brought those. As for the event, I had a blast. I was on the skeet station, and the first kid I had was a natural. He only missed once. After him, it really picked up as we had whole families wanting to give it a shot. One of the last people to come to my station was a woman who had never shot a gun before, and after minimal instruction, she hit 5/5. All told, it was a great day. I taught dozens of kids and adults how to have safe fun with guns and I think I even got someone who was on the fence about guns to our side. Thanks to Larry sr for helping out as ro and to Jedi for putting this while thing together. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Now

Where are all the pics??

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jedi, if you're talking about those honest brand juice boxes, i brought those. As for the event, I had a blast. I was on the skeet station, and the first kid I had was a natural. He only missed once. After him, it really picked up as we had whole families wanting to give it a shot. One of the last people to come to my station was a woman who had never shot a gun before, and after minimal instruction, she hit 5/5. All told, it was a great day. I taught dozens of kids and adults how to have safe fun with guns and I think I even got someone who was on the fence about guns to our side. Thanks to Larry sr for helping out as ro and to Jedi for putting this while thing together. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Now

Where are all the pics??
    Hello Daryl.

Top Bottom