• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I am looking for volunteers that want to mentor others, teach them to shoot, hunt, offer wisdom. Outdoor Mentors | In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn has more info. Also looking for volunteers, sponsors, moral support, and bad jokes. I have been volunteering and helping out. I am putting the final details on a pheasant hunt on March 26th.

The number of hunters is in a decline and aging. The best way to reverse that trend is for us to get involved. I have put together sources for kids and mentoring organizations to partner with.

Brett Thompson

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I will bump this one. I helped Brett with a youth pheasant hunt, and I had as much fun as the kids did. Possibly more.

If you have some time to donate, see if you can help Brett and this organization.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I will bump this one. I helped Brett with a youth pheasant hunt, and I had as much fun as the kids did. Possibly more.

If you have some time to donate, see if you can help Brett and this organization.

Thank you so much for the feedback and all your help. We try and make it fun for the volunteers as well as the youth. I am planning one for fall. I will let you know when I have a firm date. I will make sure we have more pulled pork. I did smoked sweet and sour pork tonight. What made it fun for you, so I make sure I do the same next year.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Thank you so much for the feedback and all your help. We try and make it fun for the volunteers as well as the youth. I am planning one for fall. I will let you know when I have a firm date. I will make sure we have more pulled pork. I did smoked sweet and sour pork tonight. What made it fun for you, so I make sure I do the same next year.

Well, I like kids ( I don't have any kids), dogs, and hunting so that's all it takes for me. The other volunteers were great people, and seeing the kids bust clays, birds, and smile all day just topped it off. Oh...bbq didn't hurt either :)

I wouldn't change a thing from your plan.

Keep me posted. You do any deer events for the kids?

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    Well, I like kids ( I don't have any kids), dogs, and hunting so that's all it takes for me. The other volunteers were great people, and seeing the kids bust clays, birds, and smile all day just topped it off. Oh...bbq didn't hurt either :)

I wouldn't change a thing from your plan.

Keep me posted. You do any deer events for the kids?

Thanks Chris, I dont do deer hunts currently. For a few reasons. 1. I am not an experienced Deer Hunter. So I would need someone more experienced to lead the hunt. Any ideas? 2. I have a place to go with a great cabin, but I am not sure if the owner would let me bring many people there. So location could be an issue. 3. I am open to ideas if you know some people to make this happen.

Top Bottom