OPEN INGO SHOOT May 13th @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO for a FREE Open House Shoot on Saturday May 13th 2017 Between 11AM and 5PM.

For these Open Houses, Don allows stuff that most ranges dont (for this event only), like tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

ProTEQ is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.

Street address is:

3057 W County Rd 1200 N, Brazil, IN 47834

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pr...a5ce5a4ba582a2

proteq.us

BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong.

What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy South Valley (see map below)

• NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    • There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    • We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150)
    • There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    • There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.

Here are the rules we are expected to follow. You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy Rules

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Don has also provided several brass retrieval rollers and magnet sweepers (for steel cases). Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesnt want large chunks (1/2 a clay or larger) left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles).​
    Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.

So roll call. Who's in?

hxSvdnP8q_rc_EjXpXpKc8MNxJl8NG2uTu1CohmIO3KfoeaIa2LiIA_dpTisSw85Z6jZxcQz3BfabtkViD2pKiD4UCMSY5_FJLc7c13XbuOCtBabfALOO26lXY6zGc-xDc_sHJbu5427Cgz0maojsVTnr9pV_vT6-Qk9fbpAXhiG3jTiEn4ZfyYV0Q8Jvsfp1CiR12geIaHYCsGgSUNkNCyoo_cOXB_6RLs1VNqZYj4JOYvLoabm62MT4wJ-eNB5lDpsjqFRIClNief6dTA-mLLuwR9SxFk69jKQwnm5JShRY4XvpbmNpmvOqyMh2gkK4T7XUDwCWJe2i1exKNvsFgBgpOLyGBvFJr3IaxvEMbaSwJV0rmzH-1j4_INvkhjB3AEViLM78YMR_9x6tlEtVmkA4N4bXJUQJWRQyQcTWaWgZSPHO2Uxh2ojCKU61VrL0JWXqkw5DptUjfB0gariLGrH4P0HXZXPxIdiLYNyT9CvF_drO1uQoOg6vjdI7J4vrPb5BgPU-p4o0e_1vBKQHOWH4nu5_n--bpqiszLF4DcsKDw00RT34gaenQJAhy4wO7Xc9bpjSZslg-Qn0Uau5SgU71GLqH4ELFmJEYC3t-47RERYU7og2IKAKzW8S_ONLDu813k-4ziTvuPv9g-kYDtu3XlS5Mk3z-ZIONbdlD0=w875-h784-no

Also, I want to encourage everyone that has attended these events and is planning on attending to consider purchasing a membership to ProTEQ. It's a great facility and Don is continually putting in improvements. Having joined myself this year, I can tell you it is a fantastic value.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO for a FREE Open House Shoot on Sunday April 17 2016 Between 11AM and 5PM.
    The subject says "OPEN INGO SHOOT May 13th @ProTEQ in Brazil!" but the text says April 17th. Which one is correct? I presume the April date.
    Another positive vote for Proteq. Don has a great facility.
    Dan

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The subject says "OPEN INGO SHOOT May 13th @ProTEQ in Brazil!" but the text says April 17th. Which one is correct? I presume the April date.
    Dan

Sorry, that was my mistake. I was copying and pasting from an older thread. The correct date is actually May 13th (saturday). I've also added it to the INGO calendar.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dan

Beowulf used my prior text to schedule it and apparently forgot to edit some text. (my suggestion. )

Unfortunately I'm buried with work, so I cant organize like I normally do so Beowulf offered to help, but unfortunately the May 13 date is bad for both of us as we are unavailable.

And in conversation with him, looks like this may not be an "official" INGO shoot unless one of the Proteq INGOers can step up and help work as a liason the day of the shoot. (go hang out all day and help herd cats and show the guests the ropes)

It appears that Don emailed two of the prior organizers who did not get back with him, causing some confusion and forcing Don to schedule it without any input from us. (his privilege, I dont blame him)

To be clear, this is officially a public open house for ANYONE who wishes to come shoot. So it wont be ONLY INGOers there that day. (though I can count the members of the general public on one hand that have shown up at all the open houses)

And if anyone is going to the Defensive Concepts LEVEL 2, you arent far from Proteq and its worth a visit after class.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Sorry, that was my mistake. I was copying and pasting from an older thread. The correct date is actually May 13th (saturday). I've also added it to the INGO calendar.

Crap, I was hoping it was in April. No problem on the error, I fully understand. Thanks for setting this up.
    Dan

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Brazil, is in the WESTERN part of the State .....

East of T H., but West of Indy .....

Just trying to help .....

Thanks for the extra advance notice,

but I have no idea, what I will be doing, in May .....

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Brazil, is in the WESTERN part of the State .....

East of T H., but West of Indy .....

Just trying to help .....

Thanks for the extra advance notice,

but I have no idea, what I will be doing, in May .....

Man, I really should have proof read Cameramonkey's post that I copied. I'll fix it.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Quick update. Don let me know that he'll hopefully have gotten to do some work on the range by the time the shoot happens (he does tax work as his main job, so of course right now he is completely buried until tax time is over). Here's what he sent me:

By 5/13 I’ll have some work done on the range which currently looks awful and might even have a rifle cover structure started. There will be several new PISTOL ONLY targets in the C.A.R. I’ll try to have a play time scenario setup in the C.A.R. for those interested. These NEW Pistol Targets are primarily reactive steel at very close range so any type of jacketed projectile is risky. Lead and frangible projectiles are the safe choice. I’ll have several heavy plates on the rifle range.

He clarified that the new plates on the rifle range should be good up to .50 BMG, but that there was absolutely NO armor piercing/penetrator ammo of any caliber allowed on those plates (which is completely reasonable, as it would wreck the surface of them even if it didn't necessarily go through).

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Beowulf, are you planning on going this year? I'm thinking I should be able to make it but I will know more in two weeks. Dan

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Reading over the rules, do I understand that brass belongs to the range once expended there?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    not unless that's a rule for the event. Otherwise the rule is police up your brass when you're done. If you don't want your brass/steel cases, he has buckets you can put it in.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will be there. I was away because my Mom in Florida was very sick but I am back now. I have a few firearms to try out for the first time too. I look forward to being there for sure.

Thanks to those who took the reigns and help set this up. Used to be something I did but things have gotten a bit hard for me lately to do this one. Thanks and I will be there for sure. :ingo:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reading over the rules, do I understand that brass belongs to the range once expended there?

Brass IN THE BUCKETS is theirs. Brass on the ground is yours: So if you shoot it or those around you shoot it(and dont care to lose it) and you pick it up at that time in the moment, it is yours. But you may not raid the buckets to salvage what is in there just because you reload but those that shot it before you do not. Brass tossed in the bucket belongs to the range. Brass on the ground belongs to those who pick it up; they can pocket it or place it in the buckets. The range is typically very clean as those that shoot there dont tend to leave it all over the ground. They either take it home with them or put it in the buckets.

I will be there. I was away because my Mom in Florida was very sick but I am back now. I have a few firearms to try out for the first time too. I look forward to being there for sure.

Thanks to those who took the reigns and help set this up. Used to be something I did but things have gotten a bit hard for me lately to do this one. Thanks and I will be there for sure. :ingo:

No worries my man. We're glad you are back. I'll try to stop by for a few on my way back home after my class. If you still need anything sighted in I'll be glad to do so. (if anyone there hasnt stepped up)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    WOW! It doesn't look good for attendance this year. Just me and farmerdan. I am sure we will have a lot of fun so I guess it will be OK. :ingo:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, there are still a couple of weeks to go, so hopefully other folks will see the thread (and I'm sure there are some lurkers on here that will show up, even if they don't say they are going to in the thread).

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Warthog just sent me a message.. I was hopping to make it, but sadly will not be able to. Hopefully I'll be at the next one. I will have missed the last two now!

Top Bottom