Don has once again opened up the SOUTH
Valley at his range to INGO for a FREE Open House Shoot on Saturday May 13th 2017 Between 11AM and 5PM.
For these Open Houses, Don allows stuff that most ranges dont (for this event only
), like tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.
ProTEQ is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.
Street address is:
3057 W County Rd 1200 N, Brazil, IN 47834 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pr...a5ce5a4ba582a2
Website: proteq.us BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong.
What to do?
We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N. ProTEQ Firearms Academy South Valley
(see map below)
- NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
- There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
- We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150)
- There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
- There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.
Here are the rules we are expected to follow. You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only. ProTEQ Firearms Academy Rules
Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Don has also provided several brass retrieval rollers and magnet sweepers (for steel cases). Please use them.
Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesnt want large chunks (1/2 a clay or larger) left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles).
Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.
Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.
So roll call. Who's in?