Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Like I said, fast lane (or just the understanding) food option for the volunteers would be great to keep the stations staffed. Ya gotta eat! Waiter would be even better! (oh yeah, no food on the line...) Thanks Jedi for thowing while I stuffed a burger down my throat!

We also had multiple visits at the shotgun station from the same kids - I didn't think anything of it. While nobody said anything about limits, I did cut a few adults off politely. There was a dad that I think would have just stood there and blown off 100 rounds if I let him. Everyone else either tired out sub 25 rounds or was courteous to know there were people waiting behind them. Or shot one box and just figured that was their turn. (I did have extra 20g in the truck in case, but DNR did come by one time and ask if we had enough shells, so I think they had more to put out if need be.) Station 1 had more volume than us i'm sure since it was closer. My wife's 391 got more rounds through it than it has since I got it for her. That was cool. I was pretty sure I saw the red laminate 10/22 I brought getting used also. FWIW on the 22's Glen park has 5 marlin bolt action 22 rifles for kid shoots that I could bring next year.
    As for the shotgun stations themselves, the short field setup sucks. Beginning shooters cant get on a target that fast before they fall into the trees. My opinion. We cranked the thrower up and got them higher after tossing some doubles for a grandpa to try and hit, but then the little kids were contorted skyward because the targets were so high. Not that they noticed or cared, just me looking at target quality from a trapper standpoint. Not sure what if any solution there is to that facility wise.
    I had a great time. Nice work everyone!

A couple of more things would be realy nice:
    • A 2x3 glossy cardstock INGO card, with article 32 and the 2A on the back.
    • An cartoon illustrated $ rules card for the kids.
    • A sticker that says "I shot a rifle at the DNR INGO Family Day"
    Originally Posted by hoosierdoc

There's no other logical point other than confiscation.

When patients go into vfib and die you have minutes to shock them and save them. Ambulances often take too long. So geniuses said "let's make AEDs and put them everywhere". Now citizens can act as first responders and save lives.

Armed citizens are the AEDs for active shooters

A couple of more things would be realy nice:
    • A 2x3 glossy cardstock INGO card, with article 32 and the 2A on the back.
    • An cartoon illustrated 4 rules card for the kids.
    • A sticker that says "I shot a rifle at the DNR INGO Family Day"

When patients go into vfib and die you have minutes to shock them and save them. Ambulances often take too long. So geniuses said "let's make AEDs and put them everywhere". Now citizens can act as first responders and save lives.

article 32?
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

I had a great time, and will happily volunteer for next year. Maybe I could get my daughter to help with the food, she's 10 and a great help. I like the idea of tickets for each station, as I saw a few come through a few times, that seemed to hold up the line. Maybe give the ticket holders preference and let the others go to the back of the line.

I'll also remember to bring my spotting scope. I can't see .22 hits like I used to.
    Join in the INGO Secret Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Get outta my damn yard.......
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee came by tonight, because he wanted my sausage.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

Sorry Article 1 Section 32

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post

I love that one with the girl's little painted nails hands loading a magazine.

Jedi
    Thanks. That one was my favorite too.

Looks like you all did a great job again
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

This is my BOOMSTICK- Ash, Army of Darkness

Trust me, i KNOW what I'm doing- Sledge Hammer

Great job all. Looks like another successful year.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

This is my BOOMSTICK- Ash, Army of Darkness

Trust me, i KNOW what I'm doing- Sledge Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by bigretic View Post
    Like I said, fast lane (or just the understanding) food option for the volunteers would be great to keep the stations staffed. Ya gotta eat! Waiter would be even better! (oh yeah, no food on the line...) Thanks Jedi for thowing while I stuffed a burger down my throat!

We also had multiple visits at the shotgun station from the same kids - I didn't think anything of it. While nobody said anything about limits, I did cut a few adults off politely. There was a dad that I think would have just stood there and blown off 100 rounds if I let him. Everyone else either tired out sub 25 rounds or was courteous to know there were people waiting behind them. Or shot one box and just figured that was their turn. (I did have extra 20g in the truck in case, but DNR did come by one time and ask if we had enough shells, so I think they had more to put out if need be.) Station 1 had more volume than us i'm sure since it was closer. My wife's 391 got more rounds through it than it has since I got it for her. That was cool. I was pretty sure I saw the red laminate 10/22 I brought getting used also. FWIW on the 22's Glen park has 5 marlin bolt action 22 rifles for kid shoots that I could bring next year.
    As for the shotgun stations themselves, the short field setup sucks. Beginning shooters cant get on a target that fast before they fall into the trees. My opinion. We cranked the thrower up and got them higher after tossing some doubles for a grandpa to try and hit, but then the little kids were contorted skyward because the targets were so high. Not that they noticed or cared, just me looking at target quality from a trapper standpoint. Not sure what if any solution there is to that facility wise.
    I had a great time. Nice work everyone!
    My wife said the kids enjoyed my bolt action marlin 80 which I have brought with the last 2 years. Yeah it was starting to get a bit dirty it was still going when my 10/22 went down for a bit.

As for the number of kids increasing, maybe we'll have to make it a day long thing. We'll just need more people to help, and if we can get people to lock in ahead of time so we can have more time to raise money for shirts. Shirts have been running us around 450 a year. I could check around somewhere local to see if we can get it done cheaper, but Printcraft is an INGO member so I'll leave it up to the majority. I really prefer the Gildan brand of shirts as they are a bit looser than some others when it comes to real size, and they are fairly heavy duty and will last several years before wearing out.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast