• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Photos from the 5th annual NWI INGO/Winamac DNR Youth Day.

youth_day_2017-14_zps10c5n0xn.jpg

youth_day_2017-15_zpsyxwzcpvv.jpg

youth_day_2017-16_zpsay9jvvpv.jpg

youth_day_2017-17_zps7vspmm1c.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    AAR 5th Annual NWI INGO Family Day 6-17-17

So I figure start the thread as well as for any pics to post for others to share. All in all a brief rain shower and the event went great. Some issues with the new range rules and carry, but I think we should be able to adapt and overcome these rules.

I would suggest that for food we set aside enough for the coaches and volunteers. Also if we could get some extra help as I guess we had hotdogs left but no where to cook them. My wife was on the 50 from start to finish and missed a hotdog. I would also suggest that we put the safety glasses and ear plugs at the entrance table so people can pick up a pair on their way to the stations. My wife suggest that next year they put some yellow tape up on the firing line across to the berm,so as not to allow young ones to run down the range when they exit to the sides.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone pick up my red cooler? White top. I think it has Larrylarry on it in marker.

The rangers had left.
    So I don't know if they have it or an INGOer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I seen that and have been saving those that have myself or my wife in them. We must of made our threads at around the same time.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nice pictures!
    Quite the attendance this year! Heard the initial estimate was 125 signed up. I was glad to see more female students this go round. This also includes a few moms eager to learn. Lots of smiles and several successes! I had a few repeat learners from previous Youth Days who had more confidence and skill. Kudos to all the donors, workers, and families for making this a success.
    If anyone else is as beat as I am, you know it's a good type of tired. :)

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So I figure start the thread as well as for any pics to post for others to share. All in all a brief rain shower and the event went great. Some issues with the new range rules and carry, but I think we should be able to adapt and overcome these rules.

I would suggest that for food we set aside enough for the coaches and volunteers. Also if we could get some extra help as I guess we had hotdogs left but no where to cook them. My wife was on the 50 from start to finish and missed a hotdog. I would also suggest that we put the safety glasses and ear plugs at the entrance table so people can pick up a pair on their way to the stations. My wife suggest that next year they put some yellow tape up on the firing line across to the berm,so as not to allow young ones to run down the range when they exit to the sides.
    My first time being able to attend. The Chef was the hardest working guy all day! Holy crap, the line never stopped. I would be happy to help him out next time. Staff should get a "quick pass" on the food line so they can crab a bite and get back to stations for sure.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Nice pictures!
    Quite the attendance this year! Heard the initial estimate was 125 signed up. I was glad to see more female students this go round. This also includes a few moms eager to learn. Lots of smiles and several successes! I had a few repeat learners from previous Youth Days who had more confidence and skill. Kudos to all the donors, workers, and families for making this a success.
    If anyone else is as beat as I am, you know it's a good type of tired. :)

You got that right I was so beat I drove the speed limit home. Had a few beers and ate a fat steak. We both feel accomplished today. I would like to see more female instructors as I believe my wife was able to show these girls that it isn't a male dominated event/sport.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone pick up my red cooler? White top. I think it has Larrylarry on it in marker.

The rangers had left.
    So I don't know if they have it or an INGOer.

I was a bit surprised that I was the first one to arrive.

I also believe I was the last to leave, although someone(?) may have stayed to shoot on their own. As the last I was more than happy to use eminent domain on all leftover equipment, and that includes yers.

I will be happy to get together sometime to reattach you with your cooler.

------------------

Had a great time. Feel like crashing right now. I think my legs are burned.

Regards,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Had a great time helping the kids. There were some really good shooters in the bunch. Hope we can keep this going next year despite some of the DNR rule changes. Got to remember its about introducing new shooters to the sport and not about weather or not we can carry, eat or drink at the range. Me and my daughter stayed for a couple hours and sighted in my latest build and she kept the 10/22 going at the 100 yard range

Top Bottom