OPEN INGO SHOOT Sept 24 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO* for a FREE Open House Shoot on Sunday September 24th 2017 Between 11AM and 5PM.

For these Open Houses, Don allows stuff that most ranges don’t (for this event only), like Tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

ProTEQ is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.

Street address is:

3057 W County Rd 1200 N, Brazil, IN 47834

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x886d14471c5207f9:0x58a5ce5a4ba582a2

proteq.us

BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong.

What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy (see map below)

· NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    · There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    · We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150, just make sure you properly align them so you are impacting the berm and not shooting over it or skipping rounds over it)
    · There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    · There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.
    The cowboy action range is available but only for use with frangible or lead pistol bullets. No rifles or FMJ due to how close the steel is. (we are currently testing plated ammo safety)

Here are the rules we are expected to follow. You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Don has also provided several brass retrieval rollers and magnet sweepers (for steel cases). Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesnt want large chunks (1/2 a clay or larger) left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles).
    Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.

So roll call. Who's in?
    hxSvdnP8q_rc_EjXpXpKc8MNxJl8NG2uTu1CohmIO3KfoeaIa2LiIA_dpTisSw85Z6jZxcQz3BfabtkViD2pKiD4UCMSY5_FJLc7c13XbuOCtBabfALOO26lXY6zGc-xDc_sHJbu5427Cgz0maojsVTnr9pV_vT6-Qk9fbpAXhiG3jTiEn4ZfyYV0Q8Jvsfp1CiR12geIaHYCsGgSUNkNCyoo_cOXB_6RLs1VNqZYj4JOYvLoabm62MT4wJ-eNB5lDpsjqFRIClNief6dTA-mLLuwR9SxFk69jKQwnm5JShRY4XvpbmNpmvOqyMh2gkK4T7XUDwCWJe2i1exKNvsFgBgpOLyGBvFJr3IaxvEMbaSwJV0rmzH-1j4_INvkhjB3AEViLM78YMR_9x6tlEtVmkA4N4bXJUQJWRQyQcTWaWgZSPHO2Uxh2ojCKU61VrL0JWXqkw5DptUjfB0gariLGrH4P0HXZXPxIdiLYNyT9CvF_drO1uQoOg6vjdI7J4vrPb5BgPU-p4o0e_1vBKQHOWH4nu5_n--bpqiszLF4DcsKDw00RT34gaenQJAhy4wO7Xc9bpjSZslg-Qn0Uau5SgU71GLqH4ELFmJEYC3t-47RERYU7og2IKAKzW8S_ONLDu813k-4ziTvuPv9g-kYDtu3XlS5Mk3z-ZIONbdlD0=w875-h784-no

*EVERYONE is welcome as this is also a public open house for all. Top Guns in Terre Haute may also be there as part of the open house. Details TBA.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am hoping to be able to escape the spin cycle long enough to drop in. It seems strange that keeping the schedule open seems to be such a problem when I could just about walk there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We tried to get it set early this time. There was a snafu in communication for the spring shoot, so we got what we got, which just happened to hit on the same day as two other INGO related events, plus other conflicts.

I'm really looking forward to this. Its great to meet up with folks that are normally only words on a screen. My plan is to be there.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will post a list of what I plan on taking when it gets closer. I look forward to these shoots and had fun last time even though no one showed while I was there. If Robby plans on coming but not until late maybe this time he will let me know and I will stay and wait for him. :):

You are welcome Billy, I hope you are able to make it there this time.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am hoping to be able to escape the spin cycle long enough to drop in. It seems strange that keeping the schedule open seems to be such a problem when I could just about walk there.
    I do hope you are up to it Dave, I know you haven't been feeling well of late. Plus I know you have been busy as well. Here's to hoping it will work out and you can come to this one.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Time before last it seemed like an all day event, so i didn't think showing up around 2 was going to be 'too late' this last spring. Sorry i was late :)
    I have this Sept event penciled in on the calendar

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I do hope you are up to it Dave, I know you haven't been feeling well of late. Plus I know you have been busy as well. Here's to hoping it will work out and you can come to this one.

I will definitely give it my best effort. Hopefully by then I will be caught up and rested up enough that I feel like shooting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Time before last it seemed like an all day event, so i didn't think showing up around 2 was going to be 'too late' this last spring. Sorry i was late :)
    I have this Sept event penciled in on the calendar

Normally its not. People typically dont stay all day, and they float in and out throughout the day. The last one just sucked because it got scheduled later than normal on a day that coincidentally had two other events a LOT of INGOers were attending. I was there even later than you were. I think I was there about 40 minutes after you left. I stopped by on my way home from BBI and Coach's class out at Riley when we were done there.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm really, really hoping to be there. I might have conflict (my fiance is an author and we've been doing different festivals and conventions all year to sell her books, so it's possible we'll be at a convention that weekend).

If I can show, I'll make sure to bring the HK21 and we can have some beltfed fun. I'd like to say the Whitworth cannon will be done by then, but again, with all our weekends getting consumed, it's not looking super likely that the carriage will be done in time. But you never know.

Top Bottom