SPRING OPEN INGO SHOOT May 12th @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Don has once again opened up the SOUTH Valley at his range to INGO* for a FREE Open House Shoot on Saturday, May 12th, 2018 between 11AM and 4PM.

For these Open Houses, Don allows stuff that most ranges don’t (for this event only), like Tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

ProTEQ is just north of Brazil, IN in the western part of the state.

Street address is:

3057 W County Rd 1200 N, Brazil, IN 47834

proteq.us

BEWARE SOME GPS UNITS PLACE YOU ON THE OPPOSITE END OF THE COUNTY. If your GPS tells you to exit the interstate at 231/Cloverdale it is wrong.

What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley. The entrance to the south valley is on 300W just south of 1200N.

ProTEQ Firearms Academy (see map below)

· NFA items are allowed. Just make sure you are safe and watch the muzzle rise. Safety first!
    · There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    · We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and a couple target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well. Just use them safely. (It wouldnt hurt to bring your own target stands if you dont want to shoot the full 150, just make sure you properly align them so you are impacting the berm and not shooting over it or skipping rounds over it)
    · There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    · There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.

Here are the rules we are expected to follow:

• You will be expected to sign a range release upon arrival, but the normal guest fee does not apply for this day only.
    • Participants of all ages are welcome, but those UNDER 18 must arrive and be supervised by an adult.
    • Legally owned Full Auto weapons or trigger assisted rapid fire weapons are allowed.
    • There is NO caliber limitation, BUT no Armor piercing or magnetic core projectiles are allowed.
    • MUZZLE control and berm impact hits are required meaning NO Targets placed on or near the ground that encourage skipping off the range floor are allowed.
    • Private targets must be within 6 foot of some berm base. Prone shooters MUST be addressing a target so that the bullet flight path (through or past) is INTO a berm.
    • Tannerite usage will be allowed under these limits - located at the base of the 150 yard berm – Ignited by rifle fire from the standard firing line ( 150 yards back) – NO more than 1 pound per target – NO metal, glass, concrete, or other hard walled container – NO packing of the Tannerite into mounds of dirt, rock, wood, etc. to create effect.
    • The LEAD ONLY projectile rule in the C.A.R. has been eased, but it is still suggested that frangible or lead projectiles are safest.
    • Food and drink are welcome, …BUT nothing Alcoholic – No Exceptions.

General ranges rules are here.

Be prepared to clean up after yourself. Don has lots of tarps available to lay down in order to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Don has also provided several brass retrieval rollers and magnet sweepers (for steel cases). Please use them. Please also be prepared to police downrange for unbroken/barely broken clays if you use the thrower. (Don doesn't want large chunks, like 1/2 a clay or larger, left behind when he cuts the grass... plus we can put them downrange to shoot with our rifles).
    Burnable trash can be left in the barrels. (cardboard, paper, etc) Garbage and non burnable trash be prepared to take it home with you.

Bring tables, chairs, and target stands, as well as anything YOU need for yourself. There are some permanent stands under the pistol canopy, and some out at the 150 line for rifle.

So roll call. Who's in?

hxSvdnP8q_rc_EjXpXpKc8MNxJl8NG2uTu1CohmIO3KfoeaIa2LiIA_dpTisSw85Z6jZxcQz3BfabtkViD2pKiD4UCMSY5_FJLc7c13XbuOCtBabfALOO26lXY6zGc-xDc_sHJbu5427Cgz0maojsVTnr9pV_vT6-Qk9fbpAXhiG3jTiEn4ZfyYV0Q8Jvsfp1CiR12geIaHYCsGgSUNkNCyoo_cOXB_6RLs1VNqZYj4JOYvLoabm62MT4wJ-eNB5lDpsjqFRIClNief6dTA-mLLuwR9SxFk69jKQwnm5JShRY4XvpbmNpmvOqyMh2gkK4T7XUDwCWJe2i1exKNvsFgBgpOLyGBvFJr3IaxvEMbaSwJV0rmzH-1j4_INvkhjB3AEViLM78YMR_9x6tlEtVmkA4N4bXJUQJWRQyQcTWaWgZSPHO2Uxh2ojCKU61VrL0JWXqkw5DptUjfB0gariLGrH4P0HXZXPxIdiLYNyT9CvF_drO1uQoOg6vjdI7J4vrPb5BgPU-p4o0e_1vBKQHOWH4nu5_n--bpqiszLF4DcsKDw00RT34gaenQJAhy4wO7Xc9bpjSZslg-Qn0Uau5SgU71GLqH4ELFmJEYC3t-47RERYU7og2IKAKzW8S_ONLDu813k-4ziTvuPv9g-kYDtu3XlS5Mk3z-ZIONbdlD0=w875-h784-no

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, barring anything crazy, I'll be there the whole time (assuming I leave Indy early enough).

I will continue my one-man quest to make the Open Shoots a NFA event by bringing my HK sear and M16 again.

Two new items for this year (pending something breaking):

- MP5SD host for the sear
    - HK 21 .308 beltfed on a tripod

qbMnRNcHYDYKjoi0LLNGae5ReFk-VDqTBz7FcRnKnhBRgOJ41TDBLvqzcA2rv2JzkC11gl73fFXAbfz3ddehtMpalBS8VIW_sBH2yC1z64Motj6NYfCjngRgDnc4TnaMLDhCf-kphBWESfzUVO8IFrkDwW5D3WhpDmmhdM_U7pNsGu5C_ChG_VY9cPKnCgpusqMAvejtEI26D7V0HkgxuvGXovua89TJijCvQTHUCNysY1JxKvJ3GT63iKnJMiSRPARnOWzVL_d0dJfn4JajNve9Qu4_ZCyGDGSnVkPXbBl3PposGypX5ayjN5jcGLu0G13UlvhdnbttHs7PSj3vrK711L2Hv4iiy3zS6momj5WkRzZw1raUgPpwvriGXb6xEjCvGFeK52z8fyYp7skWcMW4uU8xJqWuoOkTcco2cNTnfeZr1xAd9rYllFNBB-hssMaqK7WgG9nh5UqO_ma2KtiiCB0P4MADJ2BHlKzP_63vBzIYJzezTbVynuakALKz8ouD6NOrAqWXu-S-0ANA_legoJcK3uQfYxbVcfLUYJ1Xu6Y9ys7Zr_NkV-Kej4gV6pM550dk678sEt3n0wDfKLLmTCXwmExnYm04klUb=w748-h949-no

* Messy house and crazy cat not included in above offer.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    GREAT JOB describing the opportunities and rules for the event. You did better than I did in the email between us. I'll try to arrange my day to be on site all afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all there. Come have FUN shooting and visiting - Be Safe and Clean Up

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is your chance to check out (for free) one of the most friendly and affordable ranges you'll find in the entire Midwest. The rules are easy to follow (they follow common respect & courtesy) and the owner (Don) is one of the most remarkably selfless humans I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on that day, but I encourage others to definitely do it!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for taking the lead again Beowulf. I plan on being there.

A finer point on the CAR range. I have repeatedly tested PLATED pistol ammo and its fine. I did have some mixed reaction with Berry's thick plate bullets however. In some instances, that thicker plate appears to be thick enough to hold together like traditional jacketing. I caught a sizeable chunk in the shin. Not enough to hurt or do any damage, but enough to say "not doing THAT again!" (my remaining 120 rounds of thick plate ammo are well marked so I dont do that again. :): )

FMJ is a no-go due to a very real possibility of sharp jacket fragments coming back toward the firing line at a high rate of speed. And no rifles at all on that range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is your chance to check out (for free) one of the most friendly and affordable ranges you'll find in the entire Midwest. The rules are easy to follow (they follow common respect & courtesy) and the owner (Don) is one of the most remarkably selfless humans I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on that day, but I encourage others to definitely do it!

I 2nd this as Don is a stellar individual.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I encourage all to attend. Don is an unbelievable host, and I'm truly shocked how few people show up to these events.

The south valley has a covered area for pistol shooting, the uncovered, "hill" for full auto fun, 150 yard range for the rifles, and the cowboy action range. If you can't have fun here, your not really into guns.

Count me in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I encourage all to attend. Don is an unbelievable host, and I'm truly shocked how few people show up to these events.

The south valley has a covered area for pistol shooting, the uncovered, "hill" for full auto fun, 150 yard range for the rifles, and the cowboy action range. If you can't have fun here, your not really into guns.

Count me in.

Breakfast is on me. Lets go.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If the planets align correctly, I might make the trip and bring my family. But tagging for interest.

UPDATE: Talked to the Mrs. and she's willing. Not to figure out the work angle.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom