Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --THE NUMBERS--
    --MONEY STATUS---
    Pre event Pot: $64.43
    Expenses: $50.00 (bullets for reloading station)
    Donations: $0.00
    Post event pot: $14.43

T-Shirt Fund: $60 Post Event held by d.kaufman
    ---

--FOOD STATUS---
    N/A
    ---

--SUPPLIES STATUS---

All out of napkins
    All out of plates
    All out of food trays
    All out of garbage bags
    ---

--AMMO--
    .22lr
    Balance Start: 10,410 (not counting ammo instructors used from their own inventory)
    Balance End: 7,875
    Usage: 2,535 (note 1)

7.62x39
    Balance Start: 801
    Balance End: 532
    Usage: 269 (note 2)

Estimates Start: 1619 (300 was donated at the start)
    Ending Balance: 1608
    Usage: 311 (note 2)
    ---

---NOTES---
    NOTE 1:
    Some of the instructors started off with their personal ammo donations which was not counting in the starting balance. Only 2 instructors 7 .22lr instructions needed ammo at the start. Thus if we assume each of the other instructors started with a box of 500 per that mean 2.5K that was used but not counted. Adding that 2.5K to the 2.5K used in inventory gets us to 5K which is within the average we go thru from year to year. (between 4k to 5k)

NOTE 2:
    In 2017 the labels for the inventory count for .223 and 7.62 where flipped in error. Thus the starting points where wrong. In addition 300 .223 were donated on the day of the event.
    @Sadclown did someone drop off additional ammo at your bench?

---PARTICIPATES & STAFF---
    DNR reported that 71 people attended the eventm down from 128 (highest ever in 2017).

Participates: 71
    DNR Staff: 10 (includes 1 spouse of DNR)
    4-H: 4
    INGO: 17
    Others: 3

--EQUIPMENT--
    1 broken AR extractor bolt I think belong to Audie Murphy
    1 broken bolt handle belong to 1775usmarine
    1 bend 10/22 extended mag release belong to ?? d.kaufman ??
    1 non-functional DNR handgun pre-event issues ???

This is the first time we have had equipment failure but we had plenty of backups to keep on going.

---THANKS---
    Another successful event all because of you guys!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU

to everyone that pitched in to help be it the day of the event or on the per-event with donations, bring ammo from other parts of the state, etc. I can NOT stress enough that without your help that little girl using the pink rifle and a big smile on her face is not possible.
    Your generosity is appreciated by the DNR staff and me.

The cooks once again outdid themselves. :drool: Thick Bacon cheese burgers with 3 different kinds of cheese plus all the fixings onion, lettuce, tomatoes.
    I'm not a big fan of baked beans but these were :drool: oh so good. But the real treat were the ribs. If you missed those you really missed out!

Did ya notice the ninja that was all over the place? She was in a white raincoat with here camera just snapping pictures away all day long. One moment I would see here on the 25 yard and then at the 100 yard. I'm not sure if she ever took a break. :)

A big shot out to d.kaufman for taking the lead on the T-Shirts this year and having us look all proper and organized. Sadly I did not see any PINK t-shirts. ;) Guess that is why I'm not in charge of T-Shirts.

Lastly all our instructors and ROs who kept us once again accident free and were calm and relax with everyone that they taught from the littlest child to the oldest adult that came by. You are the reason this event is possible!

--FINAL NOTES--
    The little girl who was using the pink rifle was not only a first time shooter but her mom (whom brought her and her son) was concerned at check-in of the activities as they had never been around guns before. They all walked away with a smile on their faces. It is these people that make it all worth it. She was not anti-gun but someone who had never experienced firearms before and was afraid to try them. This event gave them a proper setting to have a good experience with firearms and walk away seeing them in a different light then what the media always shows them as.

That right there makes the entire event, all the hard work, the logistics of pulling it off worth it.

Jedi

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Blue Falcon I have your range box you left behind.
    Thanks. I was hoping you would.

I looked around several times thinking I was for getting something.

Short, fat, bald, ugly aaaaaaand SENILE.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As stated before we should decide in the next few months if we want to continue. If so we should start getting donations in Jan and have volunteers at least listed by March. This way dnr down state has time to approve and change the flyer. We can make an unofficial flyer if they are dragging butt.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Hopefully everyone can view this Facebook post with the pics I took.

I also helped this tiny girl and her tiny brother after Don was done with them - aiming for them while they pulled the trigger so they could get some hits on the swingers. They sure lit up when they heard that steel. :)
    IMG_20180609_112816382.jpg

I had a good time helping the kids (and adults). The lower attendance made it easier to assist without feeling rushed. Glad I could help make sure this happened this year and get some lead out of our rifles again. Since Jedi likes numbers, I used almost exactly 250 rounds of my ammo during the event.

Thanks to the chefs for the food and Audie for letting me shoot his FN PS90 and his non-lefty-friendly IWI Tavor. :):
    :ingo:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I also helped this tiny girl and her tiny brother after Don was done with them - aiming for them while they pulled the trigger so they could get some hits on the swingers. They sure lit up when they heard that steel. :)
    View attachment 67496

I had a good time helping the kids (and adults). The lower attendance made it easier to assist without feeling rushed. Glad I could help make sure this happened this year and get some lead out of our rifles again. Since Jedi likes numbers, I used almost exactly 250 rounds of my ammo during the event.

Thanks to the chefs for the food and Audie for letting me shoot his FN PS90 and his non-lefty-friendly IWI Tavor. :):

It was friendly if you were a true lefty shooter.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got home about an hour ago. Unloaded and put things away too.

Jack and I had a great time and both talked on the way home how glad we were that the weather held. It could have been a lot worse, but only a few minor rains and otherwise reasonably pleasant.

It was an awesome day!

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    @bigretic,

I wound up going into Winamac to get the ketchup. Jedi let me know we needed some more water, plus Jack needed a good amount for his heaters so I wound up combining everything into a trip.

Doug

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Another fun time was had by all that were there. Always good to see members I haven't seen for a while and meeting new to me members to put names to faces. Great to come away with new information learned there and to see how the members aren't so different from each other. The time went quickly and the turn out was good with a couple of times rain did come thru quickly and didn't stop the shooting. The lunch afterwards was great like always thanks to Doug and Jack for their work. Hope there will be a 7th annual next year.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definitely had a great time helping all the new shooters out. The kids went thru about 1k rounds of ammo at my station. Thanks to all that helped and for the great food afterwards. Me and my daughter stayed for about 3 more hours after. Got to sight in my 6.5 grendel and 308 that i put a new barrel on. Put some more rounds thru my 10/22 build, semi auto 12gauge, and the daughters 410 and 20 gauge. Hopefully we can continue to do this for years to come! We need to keep educating and teaching new shooters and help make more pro 2A supporters!

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Here is a link to the photo album with the pics from yesterday:
    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipM72jwuqOepFU96GHMtbjHQcB7z78U0mFAC3yFA

This is the first time I have used google to share pics, so let me know if it works or not.

I am going to upload to imgur and see if I can directly post pics easier using that, rather than google.
    vbT62GFKmAQog3Jk7

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Sorry Guys, I've been trying to get everything loaded onto imgur(along with getting stuff done around the house), and am getting there.

UIDZgXT.jpg
    [/IMG]

DWLV0vU.jpg
    [/IMG]

YXRim0T.jpg
    [/IMG]

Z1dPXIX.jpg
    [/IMG]

DEvQmGF.jpg
    [/IMG]

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I have 155 pics loading to imgur, it is taking some time to get this done. I posted some in the previous post, will get more posted here as they get finished downloading to imgur.

The google pics are under our google account: mjrockwellingo (at) gmail(dot)com I can't figure out how to share a link without going through google, which obviously does not work.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have 155 pics loading to imgur, it is taking some time to get this done. I posted some in the previous post, will get more posted here as they get finished downloading to imgur.

The google pics are under our google account: mjrockwellingo (at) gmail(dot)com I can't figure out how to share a link without going through google, which obviously does not work.
    Hang in there I have faith in you and the pictures will appear.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

View attachment 67496

Here ya go Topshot, Job well done:
    HJGFoOr.jpg
    [/IMG]

Top Bottom