d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Figured I'd go ahead and start a thread to get a feel for volunteers for putting on what hopefully will be the 7th annual NWI INGO youth shoot.
    These generally take place Fathers Day weekend in June but it did take place 1 week prior to that this past year.

If you think this is something you'd be interested in, please post here that you are possibly available to help teach new kids, and adults as well, how to shoot.

No commitment at this time, just wanting to get an idea of how many volunteers we potentially will have.

Heres a link to last years event for anyone new to this to look at and get an idea of what it's all about:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ual-nwi-ingo-dnr-winamac-youth-shoot-aar.html

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would be in again at the spinners. I'm sure I could get her to swing baby duties for that day. Also would make a donation in my wife's business name for shirts.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'd like to be involved, but I have no credentials as to training. I do know about safety though, and follow directions well. I also print some cool targets, and could print custom INGO targets for the event.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'd like to be involved, but I have no credentials as to training. I do know about safety though, and follow directions well. I also print some cool targets, and could print custom INGO targets for the event.

I don't think 90% of our volunteers for this event have any certifications or the like for teaching firearms instruction. What we need is volunteers that are safe and can communicate gun safety to kids and teach them how to shoot and do it safely.
    Some custom targets would be really cool i think

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Put me in coach!

Pending schedule. I'm usually out of town the first half of June for vacation. We don't know if we were going this year or when. If I'm stateside I would love to donate ammo and my time. I'm no instructor but I'm safe and happy to hit the range with anyone wanting to vet me.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Put me in coach!

Pending schedule. I'm usually out of town the first half of June for vacation. We don't know if we were going this year or when. If I'm stateside I would love to donate ammo and my time. I'm no instructor but I'm safe and happy to hit the range with anyone wanting to vet me.

Once we know we have potentially enough volunteers to put on the event, Jedi will contact the Dnr and set up a date. Typically it has been the Saturday of Fathers Day weekend but last year was the Saturday prior

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom