Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72
  1. #51
    Master Libertarian01's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Thank you to everyone who helped make this a GREAT display!

    We were able to show military firearms going from the Revolutionary War through today. That was awesome.

    Next year I need to get little paper tags for the firearms, a tripod with a sign for the display, more firearms, increase my own knowledge, etc etc etc. This year was a good learning experience for me so that I can hopefully improve everyone's experience in future events.

    Having people be able to actually hold the weapons gave them a greater appreciation of what our forefathers had to lug across swamp and field and forest while marching.

    Regards,

    Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

    "Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

    "Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8


  2. #52
    Grandmaster 1775usmarine's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoNinja View Post
    Thank you MRockwell for reviewing all photos and selecting the best ones. I think we started with a little over 400 pics and he got it down to 255....not an easy task.

    Also, next year we need to get a group photo of all the volunteers. Jedi tried to gather the group this year but I think everyone was to tired
    We had some people watching gear since the range opened back up.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller


  3. #53
    Master Libertarian01's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1775usmarine View Post
    We had some people watching gear since the range opened back up.


    Yep! With several folks donating firearms for display I wasn't going to wander off unless someone else was there to keep an eye on things.

    Maybe(?) next year we could do small group photos of each individual section before folks start to have to leave? It wouldn't be a huge group photo but it may cover everyone.

    Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

    "Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

    "Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8


  4. #54
    Grandmaster 1775usmarine's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post


    Yep! With several folks donating firearms for display I wasn't going to wander off unless someone else was there to keep an eye on things.

    Maybe(?) next year we could do small group photos of each individual section before folks start to have to leave? It wouldn't be a huge group photo but it may cover everyone.

    Doug
    Or do one before they open at 8
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller


  5. #55
    Master repeter1977's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Dang, lots of amazing photos. Great job
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

    This is my BOOMSTICK- Ash, Army of Darkness

    Trust me, i KNOW what I'm doing- Sledge Hammer

  6. #56
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post
    Thank you to everyone who helped make this a GREAT display!

    We were able to show military firearms going from the Revolutionary War through today. That was awesome.

    Next year I need to get little paper tags for the firearms, a tripod with a sign for the display, more firearms, increase my own knowledge, etc etc etc. This year was a good learning experience for me so that I can hopefully improve everyone's experience in future events.

    Having people be able to actually hold the weapons gave them a greater appreciation of what our forefathers had to lug across swamp and field and forest while marching.

    Regards,

    Doug
    Maybe a small paragraph about each gun printed out.
    I have a laminator.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

    Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html


  7. #57
    Grandmaster actaeon277's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    Larry, how did the Henry shoot for you? I wish I could have stuck around to shoot that. Maybe someday we can have a Henry show & tell & shoot. I have the .327 carbine; would be cool to try the .327 and .357 side-by-side. I have a couple other interesting caliber Marlin's you might like also ... 32 H&R, .41 Mag, .44 Mag .357 long barrel Octagon, etc ...

    .
    Well, I only got about 6 rounds through it myself.
    It functioned well.
    Some other people shot it also.

    I need to take it to a range and shoot it again to check the sights.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

    "A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

    If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

    Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html


  8. #58
    Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    A series of videos, on a screen or device, of each firearm would be something nice to add to that booth, i.e. All the workings of black powder, etc. I would think that would be right up someone's alley on INGO. Just thinking out loud.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

  9. #59
    Master Libertarian01's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Maybe a small paragraph about each gun printed out.
    I have a laminator.


    I was thinking something like this attached to each firearm.

    https://www.xpresstags.com/blank-man...FQa2wAododEDKg

    I could write a little bit on it and answer questions.

    Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

    "Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

    "Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8


  10. #60
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Well, I only got about 6 rounds through it myself.
    It functioned well.
    Some other people shot it also.

    I need to take it to a range and shoot it again to check the sights.
    With the front dot buried in the bottom of the buck horn rear, your dad and I were both grouping 3 inches low and 1 inch right of the bull at 50 yards.




Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge