Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian01 View Post

I was thinking something like this attached to each firearm.

https://www.xpresstags.com/blank-man...FQa2wAododEDKg

I could write a little bit on it and answer questions.

Doug
    Doug,

It was great working with you, too! I like your idea about the tags/cards and also some sort of sign.

Also, a major improvement would be to get Jedi to understand the difference between Standard and Daylight Time. He kept posting the times as EST, when it was really EDT. He's so confusing. Or is he just confused? I dunno...

Sorry that i had to skedaddle before eating. My wife got back from her ride on the Panhandle and was ready to head for home.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRockwell View Post

Apparently I need to work out a bit, and lose some of my belly. Since that's what shows in this pic.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MRockwell View Post

Glad I picked this one up.
    Got a lot more use from it than I anticipated.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

In case Jedi is keeping track of ammo expenditures, I went through a brick of 500, and 1/4 a box of 350. (.22)

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

We could do a group pic before the event.
    It is not the length of our lives that is in question,but rather the content.

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Glad I picked this one up.
    Got a lot more use from it than I anticipated.
    I was unaware the Cricket took BX-25 mags.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstater98 View Post
    It's a Savage Rascal.
    And haha

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballstater98 View Post
    Another learning experience.
    Knowledge keeps one from being vulnerable.

User Info Menu

7th Annual Winamac Youth Day - Numbers

--THE NUMBERS--
    --MONEY STATUS---
    Pre event Pot: $14.43
    Expenses: $0.00
    Donations: $0.00
    Post event pot: $14.43

Post event T-Shirt Fund: $20.00
    ---

--FOOD STATUS---
    N/A
    ---

--AMMO--
    .22lr
    Balance Start: 16,348 (this counts ammo instructors brought on hand as well)
    Balance End: 11,953 (on hand with Jedi) + 1,000 (d. kaufman)
    Usage: 3,395 (note 1)

7.62x39
    Balance Start: 927
    Balance End: 857
    Usage: 70 (note 2)

Estimates Start: 1808
    Ending Balance: 1322
    Usage: 486 (note 3)
    ---

---NOTES---
    NOTE 1:
    I do not believe the usage count is correct as last year with the same attendance we went thru 2.5K of ammo. This time we doubled it which I highly doubt is the case. The end number is correct as that is what Jedi has on hand. No need for .22lr ammo donations for next time.

NOTE 2:
    Very few shot the WASR as their was a SCAR .223 at the same bench along with 2 other ARs.

NOTE 3:
    Everyone wanted to shoot the SCAR .223 and many came back multiple times to shoot it. Most kids know what the SCAR is from the video games they play so they naturally want to shoot it as oppose to the other center fire rifles.

---PARTICIPATES & STAFF---
    DNR reported that 70 people attended the event down from 71 in 2018 and 128 in 2017 (highest ever).

Participates: 70
    DNR Staff: 10 (includes 1 spouse of DNR)
    4-H: 2
    INGO: 21

--EQUIPMENT--
    No equipment failure reported.

---THANKS---
    Another successful event all because of you guys!
    Thanks to everyone that pitched in to help be it the day of the event or on the per-event with donations, bring ammo from other parts of the state, etc. I can NOT stress enough that without your help none of those kids smiles would have been possible. We had first time shooter families that came from Chicago and Indianapolis for this event! That is a 3+ hour drive for them. Your generosity is appreciated by the DNR staff and me.

The cook once again outdid himself. I'm not a big fan of bacon but this bacon was oh so good. Not your typical store bought stuff. Burgers, hot dogs, brauts and ribs. If you missed the baked beans you missed out on some good stuff!
    Jedi Jr. does NOT eat them and he wanted 2nds of them!

Our ninja photographer outdid herself once again! She was all over the place and as you saw in the posts above she captured the moments perfectly!

A special thanks to d.kaufman for handling T-shirt fundraising and ordering. We all looked nice and bright and sharp for the event. Next year I might just rig the vote so we get PINK.

Lastly to all our instructors and ROs who made sure we had another successful and safe event. You **ARE** this event because it is your hard work during this day that shows these families that the guns are not evil or anything to be scared of.

Jedi

User Info Menu

I did get a $20 donation at the event for T shirt donation. I cant remember who it was from though. So add that to the pot for next year.

On a side note you had left 1k rounds at my bench for the event. I still have 1 brick of them. Me and the daughter stayed for quite a few hours shooting and everyone had cleared out of there by the time we were done. Nobody came by and picked them up
    I can hang onto them for next year or get them to you at some point im sure.

Thanks to you as well Jedi for all the behind the scenes work you do.

Im all in for next year!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast