• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was nice having another woman instructor.
    I think the guests are something like 50/50 boy/girl.
    So, maybe I'm weird, but I like the kids to see (and their parents) that the guns don't care.
    Shoot.
    Be safe.
    Have fun.

We didn't seem as busy this time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Heard the big boys in indy dropped the ball on cutting off registration after 90 people on the website.

Otherwise I think we have this down now. Maybe instead of 22 ammo next year just donations for shirts.

An unofficial flyer to distribute across the state instead of waiting for the official to include the small busineses who donate. As well ensure people if indy drops the ball again they can still show up and be able to shoot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My hats off to the cook, and the photographer.

Libertarian, I thanked him again, but tell him how much we appreciate it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Also was great to have a variety of 22s to shoot as once you shoot 1 10/22 its basically the same the rest of the event.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Having left handed shooters to help those who are left eye dominant but right handed otherwise shoot lefty was fun. I converted 3 people today.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Me and the daughter just got back now. Doug from DNR also told me someone screwed up and there was no radio advertisements as well. Said they usually run those the whole month prior.

Glad i let the kids the precision 10/22. There weren't many misses that's for sure.

Had a good time as usual and love helping new shooters

Thanks for the food to all those involved in that aspect! Well done and the ribs were delicious

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I cc'ed there and I'm sure BF wasnt but still came for the kids. I think if we put the kids first and cc if we open carry we could get more people to help out even if we open carry. I mean lets think of the children.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Me and the daughter just got back now. Doug from DNR also told me someone screwed up and there was no radio advertisements as well. Said they usually run those the whole month prior.

Glad i let the kids the precision 10/22. There weren't many misses that's for sure.

Had a good time as usual and love helping new shooters

Thanks for the food to all those involved in that aspect! Well done and the ribs were delicious

When it was slow I gave more one on one time especially to those shooting lefty or learning to make the switch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I teach cross eye dominants that they can either switch eyes, or switch hands.
    I teach them how to do both.

We had one girl that swore she was right handed/right eye.
    I watched her.
    Then my brother Adam came over and verified, she was trying to cross eye.
    I watched her hands.
    I think she was left handed. But learned right hand as she grew up.
    So, doing things right handed, the left hand sometimes subconsciously will mimic the movement. And I saw that on her.
    So I think she was left handed.
    That, and sometimes she worked the bolt with the left hand, reaching across the rifle.

I discussed the right/left hand and eye thing with her.

When she shot right handed, closed her left eye to force her to use the right eye, all of a sudden, she was hitting the paper.
    She was missing it before.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I was teaching the cross over on my bolt to work the bolt left handed on a right handed firearm. Also explained how a scope complicates things and to find a lefty handed rifle if they are into shooting or get a bipod and work the bolt with your right hand.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Lots of success in the skeet area. One in particular: New shooter about 10/11 years old. A little instruction, 2 misses with adjustments...then he lit it up. 0 misses from then on! Then in the background I hear, "I think we finally found something he's good at."

One family of 4 heard about the event and drove all the way from Anderson.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    People, especially kids, happy to have their very own harmless .223 round. Saw several family pics taken with everyone holding up their round. Jedi brought the components this time, so all went smoothly.

Great burgers, great ribs.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    People, especially kids, happy to have their very own harmless .223 round. Saw several family pics taken with everyone holding up their round. Jedi brought the components this time, so all went smoothly.

Great burgers, great ribs.

I got 40 cal brass for next year

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just got home and mostly unpacked at 2241. Took a nap over at Jacks when we got in there around 1600.

Had a great time! It was fun working with Hawkeye. He knows the black powder much better than I do.

Looking forward to next year. Glad it is "next" year!;)

Regards,

Doug

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just got home and mostly unpacked at 2241. Took a nap over at Jacks when we got in there around 1600.

Had a great time! It was fun working with Hawkeye. He knows the black powder much better than I do.

Looking forward to next year. Glad it is "next" year!;)

Regards,

Doug
    One of my only regrets is that I didn't get to spend time in the tent (other than helping organize it) to learn, examine, and hold each firearm. I know this day is not for me, but selfishly, that would be a perk in the following years. Maybe an INGO 30 minutes past chow time meet & show. The weather this year was about perfect for such an event.

Top Bottom