• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    What: 1911 workshop. This workshop is primarily intended for the 1911 novice - those of us who have limited or no experience building and tuning John Browning’s masterpiece.

Where: Diamond Collision

When: October 31st, 10:00 - 3:00

Cost: FREE

Are you new to the 1911 platform? Do you own a stock 1911 and would like to tune it to get more out of it? Have you considered building a 1911 but are not sure where to start? Would you like to learn from experienced gunsmiths how to tune the 1911 system to maximize its performance?This workshop is for you!

We have space for about 15 participants. So, if you would like to attend, please let us know and we will add you to the list.

Remaining slots: FULL

Details: The workshop will be a combination of conversation, instruction, and practical application.

Participants who have a 1911 pistol are asked to bring them. CM and AllenM will be leading two teams through a trigger-job, demonstrating their techniques for improving the trigger pull of a production 1911.

DrillSgt will be working leading a discussion/demonstration on detailed dissasembly/assemble/function check, thumb-safety fitting extractor/ejector tuning, trigger fitting, barrel throating/feedramp polishing, grip screw/plunger staking as well as talking about some useful tools for the hobbyist.

We will also be discussing sourcing of frames, slides, components and tools.

This is an opportunity to fellowship with second-amendment enthusiasts and gain knowledge from a group of experienced 1911 smiths.

We may also get an opportunity to ogle some of AllenM’s handiwork.

ROSTER:

1. Tyler-The-Piker
    2. IndianaSoloMcfly
    3. Mcapo
    4. 88E30M50
    5. bkflyer
    6. Llh1956
    7. Jim5528
    8. Laf
    9. obijohn
    10. Gluemanz28
    11. 11drill
    12. chubbs
    13. Fiddle
    14. Long coat
    15. bdybdall

Waitlist:
    1. USMC_0311 (Contacted - awaiting reply)

Withdrawn:
    1. Shootin45super
    2. Steel and wood

Last edited:

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    What: 1911 workshop. This workshop is primarily intended for the 1911 novice - those of us who have limited or no experience building and tuning John Browning’s masterpiece.

Where: Diamond Collision

When: October 31st, 10:00 - 3:00

Cost: FREE

Are you new to the 1911 platform? Do you own a stock 1911 and would like to tune it to get more out of it? Have you considered building a 1911 but are not sure where to start? Would you like to learn from experienced gunsmiths how to tune the 1911 system to maximize its performance?This workshop is for you!

We have space for about 15 participants. So, if you would like to attend, please let us know and we will add you to the list.

Remaining slots: 11

Details: The workshop will be a combination of conversation, instruction, and practical application.

Participants who have a 1911 pistol are asked to bring them. CM and AllenM will be leading two teams through a trigger-job, demonstrating their techniques for improving the trigger pull of a production 1911.

DrillSgt will be working leading a discussion/demonstration on extractor/ejector tuning, trigger fitting, barrel throating/feedramp polishing, grip screw/plunger staking as well as talking about some useful tools for the hobbyist.

We will also be discussing sourcing of frames, slides, components and tools.

This is an opportunity to fellowship with fellow second-amendment enthusiasts and gain knowledge from a group of experienced 1911 smiths.

We may also get an opportunity to ogle some of AllenM’s handiwork.

If I can come, I might have to leave at 1:30 to get to work on time. I screwed up my first 1911, a Colt series 70, and am now on my 3rd, a Remington R1. I would like to know the right things to do. Sign me up if you would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want in on this too. Can I bring more than one?

I have my eye on you my friend......:):
    We will be time limited. Bring 1 and learn the steps then you will be able to do the other on your own. Save for several hundred dollars in tools.....:):

What are you wanting to do with them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Would love to attend and bring my CMP 1911 for some inspection and overall maintenance if there's still space.

I think there is chairs still open.

Yeah I would not do anything past maint/inspect on your piece but would love to see it.

Looks like 3 spots open and if you take one if my old school math works then 2 left.

Top Bottom