• Status
    Not open for further replies.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    :ingo:Well there has been a lot of talk lately about the sharpmaker and using it.

I have to say if you are thinking about getting one just listen to Tyler and go buy one. I got mine from Amazon for like $52 with free shipping. it took less than a week to get here and is fantastic.

My picture taking skill suck so here is one off of Google.

You get a sturdy base that can be screwed to a table top if you so choose, a lid that contains the unit. You get two brass rods to keep you from cutting yourself, two medium grit ceramic sticks and two fine grit ceramic sticks. It also comes with an detailed instruction book and a DVD that walks you through using it.

This is called the tri-angle because it allows you to use three different angles. 15* 30* and 40*. In the DVD and Manuel it walks you through which angle is best for your use.

The rods are triangular and you can use the points or the flats on the triangle. You start off with a dull knife and run each side 20 times on the point of the grey stone (alternate side to side, 40 strokes total)

Then you rotate the stones to the flats and give each side 20 more passes.

Then you put the white stones in and do 20 on the points and then 20 on the flats per side. By this time, the knives will shave hair, trust me.....my left leg is half bald because I wanted to test all the knives I sharpened.

The ceramic sticks also have a place to sharpen hooks and dental tools, etc.

You can lay the sticks flat to do chisels and other tools. The video walks you through basic knives, to electric filet knives, to thinning shears, to router bits, to fish hooks.

I suck at keeping a knife at the right angle with normal stones. I can sharpen with this thing so I am sure you can too!! You hold the knife vertical and go to town. I sharpened all of our kitchen knives while watching a rerun of NCIS the other night.

Now I feel like dulling knives so I can sharpen them up!!

Go get a sharpmaker and give Rep to Tyler for convincing me to help convince you to buy one!!
    :+1::patriot:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom