• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I recently purchased a CZ 75 ST IPSC in .40 off of gunbroker. The gun came used but at a great price. Here is my review.

I had a chance to take it out to the range on Sunday and shoot it a bit. The gun came used so there might be modifications, there might not but this thing is lights out. Myself, NWI40cal, Anewrnn, and Darklight all gave this pistol some work at JP. The last 10 rounds of the pistol shooting was a shoot off. My CZ vs a XDm. Both in .40. Shooting in a standing position at 25 yards. Guess who won? You guessed it. :cool: The CZ. (Don't hate the CZ because it can look good AND function:D)

The likes:
    Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. I'm no expert shot but it made EVERYONE look good that shot it.
    The grip: Lots of stippling. Easy to keep a hold of it as you are shooting.
    Ergo's: The saftey is well within reach, the mag release is extended, and the slide drop is "fairly" easy to reach and unobstructed.
    Trigger: This thing is light. The lightest I have ever felt.
    The magwell: Easy and accurate reloads. It has a funnel but it's not HUGE.

The dislikes:
    The slide: It is rather short in height and would be difficult to rack in a pinch. It will take some getting used to.
    The sights: They are adjustable. Which is good. BUT, these have the small screws that come loose after 100 rounds or so. I am afraid of losing one of the screws. Also the sights are just black. I'd like to add something at least up front to get a better sight picture.
    The trigger: This thing is light.

Here she is!
    DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Photobucket distorts the images a bit. This thing is perfect.

Now a comparison.

I can't help but compare it to my X-5. Both well built pistols with one purpose. Competition. While I don't compete yet I do target shoot.

X-5 vs CZ IPSC
    Looks: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I have to say the X-5 wins this hands down.
    Function: Equal. I have yet to have a failure with either.
    Fit: X-5. I don't have a micrometer but the X-5 doesn't have a rattle when shaken.
    Accuracy: Equal. Both can out shoot me. When I get better I can report back.
    Sights: Equal. Both have the same sights. The X-5 doesn't have the small screws that work themselves loose however.
    Ergos: CZ. The X-5's saftey is right next to the slide drop. Not the easiest thing to hit.
    Weight: X-5. For some reason it is lighter. It has larger and longer but some how lighter.
    Trigger: CZ. While it is light it is clean and crisp. The X-5 has a bit of creep (not much at all, but comparatively speaking) compared to the CZ.
    Price: CZ!!!! My X-5 cost me $1500 OTD or so. The CZ you ask? $775.
    The winner: Tie! Looks like I'll just have to spend more time at the range to figure out which is the winner.:ingo::draw::ar15::rockwoot:

An important side note. The X-5 is a 9mm and the CZ is a .40. They both have low recoil but I can't compare the two since they are different calibers.
    Here they are next to eachother. Enjoy!! BTW, if you are in the NWI area, have ammo, you can shoot these, schedule permitting.

DSC_0111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom