• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I just finished putting this sling attachment point on my XCR. I am not normally a 'koolaid' drinker; BUT, I just was drawn to this ASAP mount. It's location just makes sense.

I took some pics for those who have only seen the Magpul website's picture in the below link.

ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point [MAG500] - $29.95 : ++ Magpul Industries ++

I have to say that Magpul makes some good stuff, and it is innovative. This mount is THICK; solid steel, that even the welded link on it shows some 'beef'.
    2mesje1.jpg

Shown with my Blackwater single point sling.

Some pros for me: My XCR, THE XCR weighs a little more than the average non-loaded Direct Impingement AR. As this is the case, I was afraid of some mount just not 'cutting it'. No worries with this Magpul product. A loaded down AR of any make, luxury, with all the trimmings: lights, redi-mag, quadrail, electronic sight; is going to find a secure home with this thing.

When transitioning to the pistol, the (almost) 180' degree swing of the link attached to the ASAP mount enables one to turn the rifle whiehever direction the 'operating' hand drops it. In essence, if you are running left handed, your left hand can swing the rifle down, vertical grip facing whichever way you determine, while your right hand moves to grab the sidearm. No more worrying about being 'pinged' in the groin by a specifically pointed sling mount! (I've done it)

Shown in the (poor pic) below, the rifle swings in either direction freely.
    ymihi.jpg

The sling mount location, just makes sense! On my XCR, or on any AR for that matter; a sling mount location that is on the side of the rifle just adds to another 'step' of avoidance when you running the charging handle, flipping on a light or needing to transition to the sidearm. One handed rifle and function manipulation is almost guaranteed. Which is a good thing if you happen upon a double-feed.

You just 'plug and play it'. It comes with the keys to lock it in place, very easy to install.

2mmsbyr.jpg

Close up angle.

Like I said, short review. It is worth the time to check it out though. America made, perfect location for a single point sling mount, AND for $30 you've got yourself another drink of Koooooooolaid. Yum! :cheers:

I had also installed a new MOE Magpul stock on this thing as well. I did not mention it, as it is a more commonly owned item.

Here are the latest pics from the dirty kitchen floor.

20ivzh1.jpg

nfpr2a.jpg

6ht57b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom