• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I purchased this sidearm from my the shop because of the reputation that Sig has for quality and reliability first and foremost not to mention the fact that the DEA,USCG,US ARMY Tank and Automotive command,numerous Law Enforcement and government agencies here in the US and abroad use them great reviews and success. I was looking for a polymer sidearm in 9mm that was'nt a Glock. No offense to the Glock people here I have a 22 and a 37 and I like Glocks just wanted something different. I handled a few from FN, Kahr,a M&P,LC9,and the Sig Pro 2022. I liked the way the Sig had the interchangeable backstraps like my Gen 4 G22 and that it had a hammer also with a very convienient decocker like on other models and that it came w/NS (that are good and bright)from the factory was a big plus also! Here are the specs on the SP2022 per Sig Sauer's website:

Item Number E2022-9-B, E2022-9-BSS, SP2022-9-B, SP2022-9-BSS, E2022-40-B, E2022-40-BSS, SP2022-40-B, SP2022-40-BSS
    Caliber 9mm, .40S&W
    Action Type DA/SA
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 7.4 in
    Overall Height 5.7 in
    Overall Width 1.4 in
    Barrel Length 3.9 in
    Sight Radius 5.9 in
    Weight w/Mag 29.0 oz
    Mag Capacity 10 or 15 Rounds (9mm), 10 or 12 rounds (.40S&W)
    Sights Contrast or SIGLITE® Night Sights
    Grips Polymer Grips
    Frame Finish Black Polymer
    Slide Finish Nitron®
    Accessory Rail Yes
    Features Accessory Rail, wear-resistant polymer frame
    MSRP $494.00 (Contrast) $566.00 (Night Sights)
    CA Compliant Yes
    MA Compliant No

I started doing my homework on the 3 I had narrowed it down to the FNP,M&P,and the 2022. I sold a customer an M&P and he was asking me about ranges close by so when I got off I took him to the range at the gun club and gave him a basic instruction on the fundamentals and we shot the M&P. I liked it and was a hard decision between that and the 2022 to say the least! I had sold a friend of mine one of the 2022s from the last batch we had got in so I went to his farm and shot his and liked it alot! Mag changes were quick and simple,accuracy at 25 yards was great and he has put over 600 trouble free rounds through his by this time.I done some more home work on the 2022 and decided that since it was smaller than the M&P and could fill multiple roles as either a duty weapon or a CC / EDC it was IMHO a great choice so I bought one. The only thing that I didnt like was the DA pull on this gun but that was easily remedied with the SRT(Short Reset Trigger) installed and I added a metal guide rod. The folks at Sig Sauer have made an excellent ,accurate,and affordable weapon for those who want quality that doesnt break the bank!
    I also own a P226 and a P220 Combat btw and The 2022 has earned its way into the EDC rotation!

Now onto ammo! I fired everything from WWB, Federal HST and Hydrashoks ,Fiocci FMJ,and Hornandys new Critical Defense 9mm through the 2022 over a few trips to the range and the Hornandy had the best groups from a rest and offhand with the HST and Hydrashoks close second! Out of all the FMJ that was shot the Fiocci and Speer Lawman grouped the best. On a side note we done some tests where we fired different ammo into water jugs and the Hornandy Critical Defense ammo and the HST had the best expansion without core jacket seperation with the Hydrashoks coming in second and the Remington HD ammo coming in last. As soon as I can get the range videos and my review video done and downloaded it will be edited into this review but here are some pics in the meantime:

ROBSSIG.jpg

SIG3.jpg

***NOTE**** For those of you who decide to buy one of the new SP2022 the Sig and Itac made Polymer holster will not work on the newer models (SP2022 - BSS) becuse the rail on the bottom was changed from the Sig proprietary rail to a 1913 MILSPEC rail. The Blackhawk Serpa for the SP2022 WILL fit,the Fobus does not nor do the ones for the XD/XDM 4 inch ones that I have tried yet. The DeSantis Tuck This II will fit the newer models and the blackhawk nylon type with the thumbbreak will. For a duty belt the Safariland ALS will fit the new SP2022s also!
    Will edit for more pics and vids as soon as I get them off the camera. Thanks for reading my review of the Sig Sauer SP2022.:ingo:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom