• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Recently I purchased a double rifle case made by Drago to place both my AR15 and WASR10. I bought this case from CTD. MOLLE-1005 - ModGear Double Rifle Case 36" Black by Drago

Pros:

1: The price was right for what I was looking in a range bag. At $59.97 I thought I did pretty well.
    2: It appears to be very durable. It looks to be made with quality materials and seems to be able to handle rough use and handling.
    3: Will fit 2 rifles 36" in length and keeps them properly seperated and secure.
    4: Besides zipper for rifle area the case has two buckles and velcro carry handles to help keep weapons secure.
    5: Has plenty of area for accessories and ammo. There are so many extra pouches on this bag you can bring everything and the kitchen sink if you want.
    6: Shoulder straps allow for shoulder carry.
    7: Heavy padding on outsides to keep rifles from being damaged if dropped, etc.

Cons:

1: There may be too many extra pouches on this bag. I have already forgotten which pocket I have put things in on this labryinth of a range bag. If you were to have every pouch full of equipment this bag would be too unwieldy to lug around.
    2: The 36" length for the rifles can be an inconvienence. It will hold both my AR15 and AK47 with telescoping stocks just fine. You will not be able to place rifles such at 20" AR15's or bolt rifles.
    3: With both my AR and AK having weapon mounted lights on them you have to learn the best way to insert the rifles into the bag without a huge bulge in the side. Doesn't take but a few minutes to learn the correct way, however you can't just slide it in any way you want with a decent amount of accessories on the rifles.
    4: With my AR and AK in the bag and adding 1 30rd. mag for both rifles and a 75rd drum for the AK and other small accessories the weight is heavy. The shoulder straps come in handy for this situation.

Final Words: I am very pleased with this bag. Even with the heavy weight it allows me to carry everything I could possibly need when going to the range in one convienent location. I don't have to fiddle with multiple bags. It hold the 2 weapons I intended it to with ease. When I purchase a bolt rifle I will simply get a new case for it. It will be able to take a beating and keep going. I know my rifles will be secure and safe inside the case. The only problem I find is that I don't have enough stuff to fill every pocket. Even if it weighs 200lbs when completely full I'll just pull it around on a trailer:D

031.jpg

032.jpg

Foam cushion divider in the bag to seperate rifles.
    033.jpg

Rifles held by both 2 large velcro straps and sleeves on each end of interior
    034.jpg

035.jpg

2 Medium and 1 Large front pockets can fit a large array of accessories. The large pocket can easily fit my 75rd. drum. The pockets can be adjusted by bungee straps to increase or decrease in size.
    036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Secondary interior pocket can house multiple handguns easily along with ammunition or anything else you want.
    039.jpg

040.jpg

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../175801-modgear_double_rifle_case_review.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom