Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I finally got to beat on a Dueling Tree from Bobcat Steel after bugging him for about .... 2 Years? :D

If you've never shot at a dueling tree you are doing yourself a disservice, these things are tons of fun. The first time assembling it took a little while, but was still only about 10-12 minutes. I couldn't take one that was already assembled because it wouldn't fit in my car. :(

First impressions... This thing is built like a tank. AR 500 Paddles are heavy.
    6395013851_88dfbacdf6_b.jpg

We set this up around 15 - 18 yards and started shooting :ar15: The 6" paddles make it easier at longer distances and I also played with my AR shooting it which was probably a bit close but it took it easily at that distance.

The paddles swing pretty easily with 9mm and if you do a mag dump with a .22 you can sometimes get it to swing around. The dueling tree is angled forward a little bit and this helps the paddles to fall back forward when they swing around.

Fellow INGOers mikeplan14 and pocketpistolpete helped to break in my tree.
    6395016853_3fb91b09cc_b.jpg

6395018467_8c289df970_b.jpg

And here's a video of the Dueling Tree in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhKklUH1NM&feature=youtu.be
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFhKklUH1NM[/ame]

Bottom line... This thing is a ton of fun. And it really gets your stress level up and down when shooting with a buddy as it goes back and forth. Once you miss and he hits one it almost seems impossible because you just want to keep shooting faster and in reality you need to slow back down and remember the fundamentals.

If you're on the fence, you need to go for it. Bobcat Steel makes an excellent target and this can be used with Pistols and Rifles. I haven't had a duel with a Carbine yet, but that's next :ar15:

:+1: to Bobcat Steel

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom