• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Just received this today. With all the talk about NiB coatings and my infliction with having to try just about everything related to the AR15 :): I had to give this a try.

WMD Guns is owned/run by former Fail Zero employees. From what I've read they have improved upon what they have learned. The coatings are thicker, and the parts are sized accordingly to allow for the thicker coating of NiB. This is something other companies do not do.

Specs from their website WMD Guns

Drop-In AR-15 BCGs to increase reliability and ease cleaning and maintenance.

· Bolt – Carpenter 158 case hardened, shot peened and magnetic particle inspected. Manufactured to Government drawings. Mil Spec gas rings. NiB-X coated (40% more wear resistant than Chrome).

· Extractor – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened, per Government drawings. Black extractor buffer and heavy duty spring. NiB-X coated.

· Firing Pin – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened, Chromed and certified per Government drawings.

· Carrier – M16 style carrier (heavy weight), 8620 material, heat treated and case hardened. Manufacturing tolerances on inside diameters tightly controlled. NiB-X coated for durability and ease of cleaning.

· Gas Key – Hardened to USGI Specifications and attached using grade 8 hardened fasteners. Permatex No. 3D Aviation Form a gasket Type III Sealing Compound per MIL-S-45180 used on assembly. NiB-X coated. Staked per military specifications.

· Cam pin – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened and certified per Government drawings. NiB-X Coated.

· Hammer - Manufactured, heat treated, hardened and certified per Government drawings. NiB-X Coated. Can be semi-auto or full-auto.

on to the pictures................

P1150659.jpg

P1150660.jpg

P1150661.jpg

P1150662.jpg

P1150664.jpg

P1150665.jpg

P1150666.jpg

P1150667.jpg

P1150670.jpg

P1150671.jpg

Looking forward to my next trip to the range. :rockwoot:

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._wmd_nibx_bolt_carrier_group_with_hammer.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom