Not open for further replies.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Raven Concealment Moduloader Shotshell Carrier
    I was able to obtain a Moduloaders Shotshell Carrier from Raven last year and have had it in service for a few months. I had seen a version of a Velcro sidesaddle during a shotgun class last summer and thought it would be great idea, but there was no easy way to carry the extra sidesaddles. When I saw the Raven system I was impressed with the ability to carry extra sidesaddles on a vest or a belt or in a thigh pock of a pair of 5.11 Class B uniform pants.

The system comes from Raven with a belt/MOLLE mount plate, a section of loop Velcro with adhesive and two elastic shotshell holders with hook Velcro. The belt/MOLLE plate is flexible and can be mounted on a belt up to 1.75”. Raven also just happens to space the loops wide enough to fit between MOLLE loops allowing the backer to be mounted on plate carriers or battle belts. I had been carrying extra shotgun shells on my plate carrier using an ALICE shotgun pouch prior to obtaining this system. This caused issues as the shells would pop out of the loops and roll around inside the pouch. This system holds the shells tight and so far is not showing any signs of stretch. The backer does have some vertical movement when attached on MOLLE; however it is the nature of the beast to allow the backers too securely and completely attach to the shell holders. The backer attaches with “Pull the Dot Snaps” to hold the backer securely and requires quite a bit of force to unsnap the button. So far the snap has stayed secured. One nice addition added by Raven was pieces of hunter orange material to the back of the shell holders. This makes recovery of shell holder that is dropped easier.

The belt/MOLLE Backer

DSC03892.jpg

Pull the Dot Connectors

DSC03889.jpg

Mounted on my plate carrier

Orange Flags

Complete Setup

I attached the adhesive backer to my Remington 870 Less Lethal Shotgun. The adhesive backer is a universal size, so I trimmed the backer down to stay inside the lines of the receiver and to expose the trigger group pins and the serial number. When you trim the adhesive down to this size you leave some of the hook Velcro of the shell holder exposed, but I have found that this helps by giving you extra material to grab when changing out the shell holders.

DSC03894.jpg

I carry my less lethal shotgun in the trunk of my patrol car, so the shotgun with the adhesive backer has been exposed to temperatures from 60 degrees to wind chills of -5 with no issues so far. I am interested to see how it performs during the summer.

One additional location I have found for mounting the shell holders is inside of soft cases. The hook Velcro will attach to the inside of the case and allow you to grab an extra shell holder when you grab the shotgun or carry a different load that could be grabbed depending on the situation.

DSC03902.jpg

Raven has advised that additional shell holders and backers will be available for purchase separately. Additional accessories are in the works that will attach to the backers; however there is no timeline for this release at this time.

Original thread here: ingunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/191532-review_raven_moduloader_shotshell_carrier.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom