• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    This is a brief write up on the Mission First Tactical AK47 furniture. Here are my inital reactions to the form, fit, and function of the MFT TP47IRS Fore End, MFT Engage Grip, and MFT Battlelink Stock.

93c96270.jpg

Initial reactons to the MFT TP47IRS Tekko Fore End: I like it. The form, fit and function is good, overall. Install was a little longer than expected due to the lower handguard (nothing that a minor filing didn't solve). The MFT TP47IRS is nice. The 12:00 rail is nice and solid. It actually bolts to the lower handguard, which is also solid as a rock once installed. View of the iron sights is not hindered at all, the sight channel in the rail is fairly wide and gives a great field of view. The lower handguard actually overlaps and has a nice, tight flush fit on the front of the receiver. As far as ergonomics are concerned, the grip is comfortable on the fore end. The 6:00 rail is actually located under a cover that snaps on and off, with a solid, positive engagement. The cover is stipled and has a grippy non slip feel to it. With the cover in place, the contour is very similar to that of the factory lower handguard, and the grip is comfortable. As far as interface with accessories, I'm sure most lights and lasers will fit on either 3 or 9:00, and CQB style optics will sit comfortably on the 12:00.

ec67f057.jpg

Initial reactions to the MFT Battelink: good form, fit, & function. It's nicely put together. The storage inside the buttstock is actually really nice. There is plenty of room for small tools, cleaning supplies, a boresnake, etc. I don't know exactly what I'll use the storage for, yet... Obviously I haven't shot with it yet. But just shouldering and running dry, it feels good, solid weld, transitions nice. The rubber buttpad is thin yet comfy. I'd compare the feel of the rubber pad to that of the Magpul CTR.. It's a nice stock. The locking mechanism seems robust. It's easy to manipulate and feels really ergonomic. So far, first impressions are good. There is minimal rattle, but this version is commercial spec, so that may play a role; no big deal. I think it's a top notch stock. +1 Mission First Tactical. Field testing (hopefully) soon to follow.
    fyi: The stock did not come with the adapter tube. It's actually a CAA unit. It's aluminum, 6 position, bolts right in, and has ambidextrous sling mounts. It's a solid unit.

0f724abb.jpg

Initial Reaction to the MFT Engage: The grip is great. It's super comfy, has a good solid feel, and it's adjustable so you can cater the size of the grip to the individual shooter. The Engage grip comes with additional front and back straps. The stipling gives a solid, nonslip feel. The grip angle is right on with that of an AR and the trigger engagement has a great feel. Very much similar to an AR. The front and rear straps easily slide on and off and have a good solid engagement when installed. You can also lock the straps in with included plastic retaining pins. The grip has a rubber plug in the bottom with integrated storage inside, again, plenty of storage, but not sure what I'll put inside, yet.

5a2df827.jpg

Conclusion: Overall, I think it's a great system. MFT's products are proudly made in the USA. It all feels solid, it's comfortable, capable, versatile and let's be honest, the total package is drop dead sexy. CAA buttstock adapter included, my Mission First Tactical AK47 facelift cost me $275 plus shipping. I do want to make one recommendation though, after initial install of the Tekko fore-end, disassemble, pull out the nuts and bolts for the 3 & 9:00 rails, and apply some blue loctite to the botls. Reinstall and tighten (avoid over tightening so you don't damage the fore-end). I am impressed the quality of the MFT's polymer, which is apparently a Dupont military grade polymer. It feels robust and withstood heat, recoil, and various drop tests on outdoor surfaces, gravel, hard packed dirt, etc.

after.jpg

Got the AK out to the range shortly after installing the new furniture. The new MFT gear handled and felt great. Sent an entire spam can down range, no issues, nothing came loose, nothing melted, no rattles. The MFT Engage grip was awesome. I had a great, positive grip; no slips and no worries. The I ran the MFT Tekko fore end with the cover on the 6:00 rail, so no forward grip was used. It was very comfortable, cover never came loose and stayed secure the entire time. The stippling on the rail cover ensured that my grip never slipped, was consistent, and tight. Now, the MFT Battlelink butt stock; it was awesome! Great cheek weld, nice, comfortable fit in the shoulder, and it transitioned great from an at-ready to firing position. It's a great butt stock. In all, the entire system works great together. All the MFT gear is rugged, stood up to recoil and heat, and had great ergonomics.

22222.jpg
    IMGA0022a.jpg

So my overall opinion of my MFT AK Gear: A big +1 for Mission First Tactical. I can't wait to get out and shoot with it more.

Before:
    DSC00881-1.jpg

After:
    532bcd4c.jpg

For additional info about these products and many more products that they offer for AR15 platforms, visit MFT's website. They also feature instructional videos for product installation!

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-review_mission_first_tactical_ak47_gear.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom