• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I recently picked up a Springfield XDs and for those that don't have one I'll tell ya, holsters are not too easy to find, so I did some searching and saw mention of Harwell holsters so I checked em out and decided to pick one up.
    056F0EA5-58F5-4E41-B3B1-1544CE67BFF5-7102-000005D6DC2F7349.jpg

The holster is in a crossbreed styling with a leather back and a kydex front but unlike a crossbreed this has a single clip... now you'll say but crossbreed has a single clip model, but not like this...

FB2CE22C-CAB5-44FE-B9E0-4E5AD70161E9-7102-000005D6CE158DB5.jpg

This holster features a clip on the front which I find to be my personal favorite style of holsters, this is the holster that I have always wanted, I liked the crossbreed with the leather back and kydex front but the dual clip was always just a pain in the butt and I never liked their one clip to the side style of holster, so when I found this I purchased it instantly. The price on this thing was really good comin in just under $40.00 and at the time I bought it, I recieved free shipping. I ordered this on a Thursday or Friday and recieved it in the mail in less than a week. It came in sealed plastic bag with a billing statement and a letter from Harwell, all inside a USPS box.

On first inspection of the holster it felt really light in weight but felt really durable, the leather of the backing seems to be a hair thicker then I remember the crossbreed to be and the kydex is of sturdy make and held to the leather with 6 rivets that all seem very secure. The leather on the inside is the finished side while the back is unfinished.

3021F503-D43B-4642-B342-4868F41A2B6E-7102-000005D6D450B6C6.jpg

The fit of the holster is great, the kydex is perfectly formed to the gun and retention is exceptional. Now the holster is advertised as an appendix carry but I have been wearing it around 3-4 o'clock position and it works great there. The holster is easy to get on and easy to get off yet still stays hooked to the belt when unholstering. While wearing this it is very comfortable and near unnoticeable and is slowly becoming my favorite holster, it is breaking in very well and as of right now I have no complaints. While wearing this it tucks in very tight to the body and is unnoticeable underneath an untucked shirt, this holster has the ability to be worn with a shirt tucked in but I have not taken the opportunity to try that as a tucked in shirt is rarely an occurance with me, but it is an option that I'm sure will work perfectly fine for those that would use it.

D102924E-8BBF-4DD5-8736-6EE68242C5E1-7102-000005D6C65D5E19.jpg

Now as far as any cons are concearned, the clip on this thing is made from kydex as well and it seems to be pretty durable but idk, but this isn't of too much concern as I placed an order for metal clips from crossbreed and this was by choice only, just because I kinda like the look of them. The only other thing I can think of is that in wearing, the take down lever has kind of made itself a lil dig-in and makes it tight at times when unholstering but not too bad and I think as it is used more this will be a non-issue.

This holster is shaping up to be a real winner, if you have an XDs or other compact size gun I would really take this into consideration, they also make a dual clip model for larger guns. Definitely worth a look at if not for the quality, the price definitely makes it worth a look and if you can catch free shipping it's a definite bonus. They state that if you ever have an issue to contact them I'm gonna take that to mean that it's covered in case it goes wrong, but with the quality I see, I don't think there is gonna be an issue with this holster. I think this one is made to last. https://www.harwellholsters.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom