• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Well, I know people have seen the guys from LeaveNoTraceAR15.com pitching their $120 brass catcher. I have been looking for a long time for a unit that could handle my FAL that literally chucks my very expensive 7.62x51 NATO brass across the yard. So I broke down and decided to pick one up.

Link: Leave No Trace AR 15 Brass Catcher

First of all, the guy that actually makes these units was at the last Indy 1500 and took the time to fit this to my rifle by changing mounts and adding a spacer to get it as close to my weapon's ejection port without touching it. I cannot fully convey the level of care and customer service that was provided to me during this process. A1 service!!! He told me if anything ever goes wrong with the brass catcher, to give them a call and they would take care of me.

General impressions:

It came in a nice bag that will hold it and your Allen wrench and extra stuff:

b1.jpg

b2.jp

Excellent design, and extremely tough! Good mounting system that really with little adjustment will probably fit any platform that doesn't have a charging handle on the right-side of the weapon. They make it left handed as well for rifles that have an ejection port on the left side!

b3.jpg

It has a very large area to catch brass in. This means you can move the unit up, down, left, and right on the picitiny scope mount in order to get it right where you want it.

b4.jpg

The unit is very tough, but does not damage the brass in the process of catching it. Even with the super-violent ejection on my FAL, there are no injuries to the brass that would not already be there without it. :yesway:

Last but not least, did I mention that this thing is tough! The below picture is 50 rounds of 7.62x51 in the brass catcher. The catcher did not sag, bend, flex, or move for that matter during the firing process that filled this thing up.

b5.jpg

Final thoughts:

1. This thing is expensive, but worth it.
    2. It is big, and protrudes off of the weapon about 4 inches. However, it really does not get in the way even if you fire left-handed (like I do).
    3. My brass catcher before this was my eight year old cousin. He did a good job, but this is just so much easier. (For him and me! :))

You cannot compare this to the cheaper brass catchers as this is a whole different class of unit. Once you are at the level of investment that I am at with this rifle, the money is really a moot point. If you are on a budget, then find a young cousin that is bored. :D

Here it is in action. I didn't do any upside-down firing like they do on the official website and my video-shooting and publishing skills are lack-luster at best but here it is anyway:

[ame]http://youtu.be/h7Gq5edhbG4[/ame]

I am not in any way affiliated with the manufacturers of this product. I am just a happy customer!!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom