• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    First off I will say that I am biased towards leather holsters, specifically the ttgunleather occidental holsters. That being said I went out on a limb and got my first kydex IWB holster and figured I would give my money to a local business called Hooch Holsters. To make things better he is a member here on INGO.

My initial impression with Hooch Holsters is that the owner and operator is a very friendly and helpful person. He took the time and effort to answer my questions and made payment very easy VIA a check mailed to him. I don't know about you but when I pay some one for a service and product I appreciate the extra effort to keep me inform of the progress and shipment of the product. In that regard I give Hooch Holsters a A+.

The test gun was a Gen 4 Glock 27, this little gun seemed to fit the ideal carry scenario for me to try out a kydex holster.
    C2C904B8-922A-4F3C-8181-8DAEAE105BEF-26062-00002900D5D13D71.jpg

My initial impression of the holster when I received it was that it was made with good quality material and you could tell some one cared about the product that they were putting out. This was a Iwb holster with snaps and they were tight which is something I like. I hate have a nicely made IWB holster strictly for CC only to be able to hear the snaps rattle around like pennies in a tin can.

The holster is made specifically for the firearm you intend to carry and in that respect was molded very nicely for said pistol that I was testing it for. The rivets hold the holster together very nicely and are finished in a way that wouldn't irritate skin or cause problems down the road.

The snaps are very nicely secured allowing them to rotate but not flop around aimlessly. Also the edges of the holster are finished and seem to be ground down to give you a smooth edge. I like this feature because I don't want to be using a Holster that could dig into my skin with sharp edges.

I carried this holster strictly for little over a week and found it to be fairly comfortable, it is mostly designed in a certain way that would allow me to carry in the 330 position. Now I said this in the beginning that I was biased to leather holsters and in this respect I like that the Leather holsters will eventually mold to your style and body type. Irregardless this kydex holster was comfortable for this testing.

The only down side for my personal use of this holster and it may be fine for you is the retention. I would have liked it to be a little more positive in the retention area. It is fairly loose, there is retention but if you were to have the firearm holstered and turn it up side down it will come out with little resistance.
    I understand this is kind of nit picking because I wouldn't have the holster upside down while I am carrying but I like knowing that the firearm is secured in all conditions. Also this holster has a sweat guard that can still get a full grip on the gun for presentation purposes. I find this to be a very nice feature. The holster also has a small cant to it that makes presentation purposes a little better in my opinion.

All in all I would rate this holster a 7.5 out of 10 ( being 10 the best), only taking a hit because of retention.

I would recommend this holster to friends and other individuals that plan on carrying.

Here are some pictures of the holster with CC firearm.
    D0CC86F3-EBD1-405D-A940-E57DE80307BD-26062-00002900CEB42D88.jpg

BB8A4480-6C31-4A5D-8174-698D670D220A-26062-00002900C48B26DC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom