Not open for further replies.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    FINALLY! :D
    After 14 days of patiently waiting, my 5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB 10 Go Bag/EDC finally arrived. I must stress the importance of word “patiently” in the previous sentence. If you were to ask my wife about my patience, she would look at you like you were crazy.

Here is a link to the website listing the specs:
    http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/RUSH-MOAB-10.html

I ordered mine through Amazon for $79.99 and after my gift cards I ended up paying a little less than $24. The bag shipped from OpticsPlanet.com. While I was not impressed with the shipping time (or the excuse given by OpticsPlanet for not having any tracking info) the shipping was free and that is worth its weight in gold to me.

I know we all love pictures and I took plenty. The first 4 pictures are of the front, back and both sides. Take notice of the custom patch as it adds 35 billion tactical points.

temporary_zpsf600a55b.jpg

temporary_zps31a33642.jpg

temporary_zpse8e30a97.jpg

temporary_zps054328ba.jpg

temporary_zps591b6cb1.jpg

temporary_zps2cca45d0.jpg

First impressions:

This bag is heavy! At first, I was concerned about the weight of the bag. The bag is heavy and my concern was that it would be too heavy once fully loaded. For what I’m using it for, I haven’t found this to be the case. It is constructed from 1050D water resistant nylon and uses YKK zippers throughout. The MOLLE webbing appears to be the correct size and spacing and not only covers the bag, it also extends down the shoulder strap.
    The zippers are strong. I don’t foresee them breaking anytime soon but they can be difficult to manipulate when the fabric is overlapping the zipper as designed. This is because of the fabric and its toughness and really has nothing to do with the zippers.

When I received the item, the bag had been compressed and didn’t seem like it would hold much at all. I was wrong! There is 1 main compartment and 1 additional compartment with a plethora of “hidden compartments”. Each compartment is nicely broken down making it very easy to organize.
    Here you can see, the smaller compartment is broken down into 9 different pockets with one being zipped. I broke my first aid kit down into 4 categories and placed them into ziplock baggies which I store in the zipped compartment of the smaller compartment.

temporary_zpsc5e91738.jpg

temporary_zps7bd3c8de.jpg

temporary_zpsfd655a78.jpg

The larger compartment has a zipped area, an area that is covered with mesh and uses Velcro to keep your stuff from flopping around and an area against the back of the bag has a draw string to hold your items tight.

temporary_zps49bc4f75.jpg

temporary_zps11ca9827.jpg

temporary_zps317baf6a.jpg

This is a picture of a hidden Velcro pocket I recently discovered.

temporary_zpsd5bb4dd4.jpg

Pros:
    · Plenty of storage
    · Nicely divided for easy organization
    · Comfortable to carry with ambidextrous single shoulder strap
    · Quality materials provide a durable bag that will last
    · MOLLE webbing makes it easy to attach other items to the outside
    · Plenty of hidden compartments for keeping some items hidden in case someone decides to poke around your bag.

Cons:
    · Expensive (regular retail is $99.99)
    · The bag rides low on the back regardless how tight you have the single shoulder strap.

I would give this bag a 4.5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to anyone looking for a go-bag/ EDC bag. I’ve only been using it for a few days now and have yet to use for a range day (which was the intended purpose) but hopefully this will change tomorrow. :D I will update the thread once I am able to get it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom