Not open for further replies.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I am always looking for a faster more efficient way to clean my AR15 type bolts and carriers. I do a fair amount of business with an on line company called Botach. They seem to always have the best prices on anything. I stumbled across their bolt cleaner recently and decided to try it out. The price on these are $19.98 with free shipping. I ordered on Thursday 05/02/13 and it arrived Monday 05/06/13.

KZ CRT Carbon Removal Tool

This thing came in a clear plastic zip bag with no instructions or paperwork. You don't need instructions for a silly carbon removal tool.;) It appears to have an black oxide finish. The bolt tail cleaning section has a pinned on separate piece allowing you to add finger tension. By all accounts it seems to be a quality little tool.
    2zjdhmt.jpg

I had a bolt that I had already cleaned but decided to use the CRT on it just the same. For years I have used a scotch pad combined with a 1/2" hole drilled in my work bench to clean bolts. Long story short even though I am quite meticulous on cleaning my stuff I got carbon from out of the carrier and off of the bolt tail. This seems like it will be quite the handy little cleaning tool. Considering the cost, it's small size, simplicity and quality construction I think it is good buy.
    5othcl.jpg

Link To Original Thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._crt_ar15_bolt_cleaning_tool.html#post4157316

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom