• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Some of you one here know me pretty well, know what chtheo and I do, and how we train....the rest of you are "who the flip is this guy" anyway, those of you who know me, know that I won't recommend a product that’s not up to its hype.....here we go...

Up until recently I've been unsatisfied with the "tactical pants" (dang I hate that word) I've been using. Yeah, they kinda do what they're supposed to...but not to their fullest.

Blackhawk pants, their ok, they don't last, pocket placement is weird, the fit on me left a little to be desired under stressful movement ect ect. Can slide in integral knee pads. The biggest plus for me with the BH pants is the rubber strip in the waistband to help hold your shirt in.

Mil Spec surplus britches, they were ok, fit sucks, pockets suck, they wear pretty well over the long term

There are a couple other that I tried and hated.

5.11 pants have been my favorite thus far, they wear pretty well, Pocket placement works, I can’t stand the rear slash pockets, the integral knee pads for them blow, may as well not have them.

Like most things in life you get what you pay for.....enter Crye Precision. CP was started about 14 years ago as a side business in an upstairs studio in New York City. They now employ 150+ and are located in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. CP is the designers of multicam, they are well known for their pants, body armor and helmets.

Crye Precision product is admittedly not cheap, but as I mentioned, there is definite value in the product.

The CP G3 Combat pant is the focus of this review. Loaded with features that just plain work, the main draw for me was the quality knee pad system and adjustability to make the fit perfect for the individual and his/her use of the system

The integral knee pad system is very well thought out and works very well. They are easy in/out. There are Velcro tabs to hold everything in place, and a "flap" that comes up to fill the space of the knee pad if/when one would want to wear them without the pads.

Buried inside the small cargo pocket above the knee area there are draw strings to adjust the exact elevation of the knee pad and how it sits on the knee area. To the outside of the knee pad there is a Velcro flap to the adjust the tension and where the knee pad sits side to side.

The waist is adjusted via semi-hidden Velcro straps, the size chart on their website is dead on. If you wear 34 waist jeans, order 34 waist CP pants. The pocket layout works well for me, the fit is excellent, allowing for superb mobility. Small knife/flashlight pockets are well located and keep your main pockets free of clutter ect.

Overall, yes, Crye Precision pants are expensive, but in my view they are worth every thin dime. A excellent quality product that performs as intended.

Link to Original Thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/298401-crye_precision_g3_pants.html

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom