• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Skittius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greetings and Salutations!

I've been lurking around the site for quite a while now, and after having finally registered and seen the "Why not make your first post today" message too many times the guilt just became more than I could take anymore.

I'm a refugee from Indy, having moved north out of the asylum last summer. As of yesterday I'm finally a new gun owner. I'd wanted a Ruger 10/22 CCR for a few years now, but the versatility, mod-ability, and therefore unavailability of stunning stock version coupled with the fear of a "False sense of courage" while living in the madhouse down south led me to wait too long. So, after hearing a pack of Coyotes eat some little FooFoo dog some idiots left out overnight earlier this week I broke down and picked up a (Don't laugh) Savage 64/64. Stop laughing. I thought it would be a good introduction to firearm ownership, it didn't set me back much at all, and I assumed that the ammo would be inexpensive and easy to acquire. (Ok, NOW you can laugh at me. The clerks keep doing it when I ask if they have and .22lr in stock.)
    I grew up shooting air rifles, and with the help of my step-father, I've learned to transition those skills over to the use of firearms. I can say we were both surprised when handling a M-1 Garand for the first time I was able to drop rounds in the center using just the iron sights from the get-go.
    Well, I'm off to go strip that puppy down again. It's going be be about a week before I can make it out to the range again, and I'd like to be familiar with every piece and part before I do.

Skit

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom