Guideline for Welcoming New Members

One of the best things about INGO is the friendliness of its members. Its always nice to see 20-30 posts welcoming members as they sign up on a daily basis.

Due to the nature of incoming members, the Introduction Forum has a certain "flow" that exists. Sometimes that flow gets interrupted and causes people to inadvertently re-welcome people they already welcomed 6 months ago.

In an effort to help keep things flowing smoothly, use this simple guideline when you decided to say "Hello!" to new members:

• Only welcome those members who have originally posted in the Introduction Forum in the past 24 hours. If their original post says "1 Day Ago" or longer, and you didn't welcome them yet, simply skip them and move on to those that have posted in the most recent 24 hour timespan.

This will keep older threads from being repeatedly bumped back up to the top, and allow people to quickly find those new members they haven't welcomed yet.

Also keep in mind that "newbies" (new members with fewer than the required 50 posts) may NOT welcome other members in an effort to reach their 50 post requirement.

Thanks!
    Last edited by esrice; 07-02-2009 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by esrice View Post

Also keep in mind that "newbies" (new members with fewer than the required 50 posts) may NOT welcome other members in an effort to reach their 50 post requirement.

Thanks!
    This whole post needed to be bumped, but I especially wanted to highlight this last part since we have had an influx of new members.

Thanks!
    Epilepsy is underfunded and under-researched, but seizures kill more people than breast cancer does each year.

Have a question? Check out the INGO FAQ: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...qs_sticky.html

MODus Operandi
    Took it upon myself to bump this up since it has been awhile.
    * Forum Rules / INGO FAQ / Classifieds Rules *

Interested in Advertising on INGO? It's easy, ask me how!
    PM me, or email us:
    Ads@ingunowners.com

"Without doubt one is allowed to resist against the unjust aggressor to one's life, one's goods or one's physical integrity; sometimes, even 'til the aggressor’s death....
    In fact, this act is aimed at preserving one’s life or one’s goods and to make the aggressor powerless. Thus, it is a good act, which is the right of the victim."
    - Thomas Aquinas

MODus Operandi
    bump

PM me, or email us:
    Ads@ingunowners.com

"Without doubt one is allowed to resist against the unjust aggressor to one's life, one's goods or one's physical integrity; sometimes, even 'til the aggressor’s death....
    In fact, this act is aimed at preserving one’s life or one’s goods and to make the aggressor powerless. Thus, it is a good act, which is the right of the victim."
    - Thomas Aquinas

MODus Operandi
    BUMP

PM me, or email us:
    Ads@ingunowners.com

- Thomas Aquinas

MODus Operandi
    bump

PM me, or email us:
    Ads@ingunowners.com

- Thomas Aquinas