• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MT60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Stroh
    Greetings from Steuben County way up in the NE corner of the state. New to the forum and saying 'Hi' to all!

I'm an Indiana farm boy who was blessed with a gift for technology, so I live on a couple acres of the family farm in work at a defense contractor in Fort Wayne some 40 miles to the south. Married 31 years with 3 kids: Two are out of the house and I have one boomeranger getting married in November. I'm a former Marine (more years ago than I care to admit), a Manchester (IN) college grad, and an Amateur Radio Extra class operator active in the Amateur Radio Emergency Service. I'm also a very active member of a local church.

I carry a Para P10-45 which I suspect may earn me some derision in the forum, but I've found that if you keep good magazine springs it feeds pretty well. I've carried the P10 since well before Paraordnance became ParaUSA. I also have a Utah CC permit. My next gun purchase will likely be a levergun in 45lc or 44mag, but I need to get the chicken coop ready first. I grew up hunting and fishing and all, but haven't had time to do much recently. Retirement isn't THAT far way, I suppose.

I'll be looking for discussions on LTCH (which I learned just yesterday from the FAQ is the right and proper name for a CC permit.), discussion on how others keep their shooting skills up to snuff, and maybe some talk on what, if anything, folks in the forum do to prepare for the inevitable legal firestorm if one is actually required to defend family or self. I won't be able to work the forum every night, but should be able to hit it a couple of evenings a week.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

MT60

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome MT60. I live in Ft Wayne and also a ham. WB9ZHT for about 35 years, advanced class. Would love to live on 10 to 15 acres in retirement but can't convince the wife, so I'll probably stay here. I was driving west on 20 last week and saw 3 turkeys scratching through the snow just north of Stroh so you are in a good are for hunting. This site isn't just for guns, it has a ton of other hobbies. That is why I really like it. Enjoy! 73's

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom