• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Newsum21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Hello Everyone! My Name is Chad and I am from NWI where I am a Reserve Police Officer. I am looking for a weapon (handgun) for personal carry and am trying not to break the bank buying it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Consider Glock, a used one will cost less than a new one. New Glock pistols are modestly priced, a used one even more so. Hard to complain about the reliability.

We have an INGO member who works at Blythe's Valpo store, his name is Andrew, he can fix you up!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the forum.
    We have a pretty active group up here in NWI.

Here is a link to a "General Discussion" thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/330938-nwi-ingo-general-post-part-8-a.html
    It's just us talking about stuff, so go ahead and jump to the end.
    You might want to "subscribe" to it.

Also here is a link to the NWI INGO group.
    Northwest Indiana - INGunOwners
    You might want to "join" it to receive PMs on local events.

We also have "Meet & Shoots" and "Meet & Eats". Good way to meet local members. The shoots are great places to try out different guns. If you bring the ammo, most people will let you try a gun out. Helps when you're looking for a gun.

Here is one coming up.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-5-nwi-ingo-meet-shoot-sun-27-apr-2014-a.html

And voting on the next one. (should be better attendance at this one)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/341043-nwi-ingo-meet-shoot-may-voting.html

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Welcome. We look forward to your contributions to the forum here.
    You can find good reviews of a variety of handguns on here, as well as reviews of most local gun stores (LGS) throughout the state.
    To buy/sell/trade through this website, you must get to 50 quality posts first --> that's why everyone is telling you to read the FAQs.
    In general, you can't go wrong with a Glock, S&W M&P, Springfield XD/XDm, various Rugers. Honestly there are far more to recommend than to avoid. (Ruger and S&W revolvers are great options as well). I'd start by going to a LGS and handling a few, and figring out what YOU want to do with it (home defense, carry, range toy, etc.) since this will steer you towards certain sizes and even calibers.
    Again, welcome!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom