• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Well I got an Invite from Mike, and Now I am here.

I am Taylor, I currently only have my unfired Springfield XD9MM, and my brand new unfired Taurus 24/7 .40 SC. My CCW is the Taurus and the XD is kinda just for home protection. I just got rid of my Walther PPK-S .380 ACP.

My roommate has an SKS, and a Remmington 12 Gauge, he is looking into handguns more so now that he has fired a few. He just needs to get his permit.

A little bit of short history about me, My family is very big in the Military. My grandmother was one of the first 3 female drill sergeants in the Army. I have been in for a little over a Year, no deployments under my belt, yet.

Thats about it for now, see you guys at the range sometime.

Taylor

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Taylor, Thanks for your service. :thumbsup: What branch of the military are you in?

If I were you I would use the 12 Gauge for home protection. Carry the XD9 and just have the Taurus for whatever. Why are you choosing the Taurus over the XD. I have heard mixed reviews on Taurus quality but maybe they turned it around with the 24/7. Is that the one that if the round doesn't fire you can pull the trigger again?

Well I got an Invite from Mike, and Now I am here.

I am Taylor, I currently only have my unfired Springfield XD9MM, and my brand new unfired Taurus 24/7 .40 SC. My CCW is the Taurus and the XD is kinda just for home protection. I just got rid of my Walther PPK-S .380 ACP.

My roommate has an SKS, and a Remmington 12 Gauge, he is looking into handguns more so now that he has fired a few. He just needs to get his permit.

A little bit of short history about me, My family is very big in the Military. My grandmother was one of the first 3 female drill sergeants in the Army. I have been in for a little over a Year, no deployments under my belt, yet.

Thats about it for now, see you guys at the range sometime.

Taylor

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Welcome Taylor,

So your grandmother was a drill sergeant? Sounds like a tough lady. How do you like that Taurus?

Dave

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Taylor, Thanks for your service. :thumbsup: What branch of the military are you in?

If I were you I would use the 12 Gauge for home protection. Carry the XD9 and just have the Taurus for whatever. Why are you choosing the Taurus over the XD. I have heard mixed reviews on Taurus quality but maybe they turned it around with the 24/7. Is that the one that if the round doesn't fire you can pull the trigger again?

The 24/7 is the upgraded model, it does eject the round that didn't fire correctly, and continue on with no problems.

Every review I have read for the 24/7 shows good things. I know they did a stress test on it firing 20-30K rounds through it without problems.

The XD is a fullsize and it just feels awkward for me to conceal. I have a hip holster but it feels like it just pulls my pants off all the time. I am not really the saggy baggy gangsta kid.

The shotgun like I said isn't mine, its the roommates and it is not too easily accessable for myself or him if we were to have any intruders. The XD lays on my nightstand, and the Taurus is inside it. The XD whenever I leave the house gets the gun lock that was supplied with it.

I just like the feel of the Taurus, it feels really stable with the extended magazine.

Oh BTW.... grandma was a mean old lady whenever I messed up as a kid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom