• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hello everybody, my name is Evan. Like TD12, I came over from IndyCarz with an invite from Mike. I think this site is a great idea.

I've been around firearms all my life, but been serious about firearms for self-defense for the past 6 years. I've mostly been involved with handguns, although recently fallen in love with AR-15s, after my father recently acquired one.

My folks have a wonderful place in Brown County that has its own private range. I would love to get a group together sometime to go down and have some fun. Maybe this Spring.

I also have an interest in the legal aspects of self-defense, especially use-of-force.

Although I currently work in the hospitality industry, it is my dream to be a police officer, then make detective, then maybe even make the jump to the legal side. So my resolution for '08 is to get in shape and hit the testing circuit again (Metro and Columbus PD, so far).

I look forward to some interesting threads here on INGO.

Evan

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Do you have any pictures of that range Evan? If you get the chance post them in the firearms discussion so we can all drool over them. Thanks for joining :welcome:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow a private range in Brown County sweet!

Yes it definately is. But its always more fun to shoot WITH other people.

Pistol Range (below lake dam)
    6q1lu0x.jpg

Rifle Range (from dam across lake)
    6y4hsp1.jpg

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Welcome Evan,

You are incredibly fortunate to have a resource like that. Do you get down there much?

Dave

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome Evan,

You are incredibly fortunate to have a resource like that. Do you get down there much?

Dave

I feel very fortunate to have it available.

I get down there probably twice a month, but not always to shoot. Its like a free vacation down there. Swimming, fishing, and shooting in the summer. They have 2 ATVs for year-round fun. And free food! (Dad's a great cook)

I get down there whenever I have free time. (plus my folks like seeing the grandchild)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here are some more pictures to lure you all down there this spring for some fun!

8a5pc2x.jpg

6tcjixg.jpg

Zipline that goes over lake
    6tv97yg.jpg

8egj0h0.jpg

Last edited:

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I also have an interest in the legal aspects of self-defense, especially use-of-force.

If you are interested I have a CD/DVD about MMA and Modern Army Combatives, it goes into fighting positions and disarming an armed assailant.

It goes through strikes, as well as submissions and I found it very useful when I was going through Ranger School.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If you are interested I have a CD/DVD about MMA and Modern Army Combatives, it goes into fighting positions and disarming an armed assailant.

It goes through strikes, as well as submissions and I found it very useful when I was going through Ranger School.
    Hey I'd love to take a peek at that sometime.

In fact I just got home from an informal "fight class" with my cop buddy and another friend. Cop friend is teaching us some basic ground fighting and submission techniques, mainly just for the pure exercise of it. I'm exhausted.

G'night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom