Not open for further replies.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Hey guys,

I've frequented the Enos forums for a while and occasionally Glocktalk, but didnt realize til now all the shooters in the NW Indiana area. Do we wanna all have a get together some time? Dinner? couple beers at a bar? Lunch after a match? Check out any area gun shops?

Just a thought. Feel free to chime in with any ideas.

No idea what we would discuss or talk about. Kinda sounds like a man date now that I type this, but just a thought....

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    A man date LOL! Great idea Mike. If I was up North I would join you. Welcome to the site!

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    A man-date works for me! I'd be willing to hop on the toll road and meet up wherever! Sounds like a good idea! :rockwoot:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Someone offer up some times and places. I'm in the Westville/Michigan City area, but I will be glad to travel as far west as the IL state line or East to South Bend.

Gotta be a lunch thing during the week or anytime on a weekend for me to make it.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Any of you guys get around Valparaiso? If so, stop in at Blythe's. I was in there this morning and they have two bolt action Barretts on sale. I've never seen on in person before. Pretty cool. Maybe, someday .........:do2:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    The counter people are some of the dumbest in the industry, IMO, prices are average at best, and the selection of things people actually want is merely OK.

Kempf's is even worse. If Kempf didnt carry reloading supplies he wouldnt be worth anything at all.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    I've checked some of their prices on the stuff I was looking for and found them to be surprisingly reasonable.

Re: the counter folks - I do my own research, so I don't count on them except to ring me up

I totally agree that they have TONS of pure CRAP in that store.

I am not familiar with Kempf. Where is that?

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    He is on Rt. 20 East of 421 in Michigan City. He carries lots of western clothes for Cowboy Action costumes. He is one of the last to still carry Vhit powders. Very few guns that arent cowboy related. If you are under 50 years old he will stare at you blankly as if you are a bum that just asked him to wash your ass. He will also sigh loudly and then act pissed off should you ask a question about anything whether your question is brilliant or retarded.

On the up side he carries a good selection of powders and whatever primers he can get at good prices. If it werent for that it wouldnt be worth the walk from the parking lot.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info. As i am not 50, nor very interested in CAS, nor do I reload, I have no reason to subject myself to that sort of treatment. Except when i talk to my wife, of course.

May I suggest that if we (NW Indiana folks) meet, we do it somewhere other than Kempfs

:)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'm from North Jasper county. Here in Demotte. What ranges do you guys go to? I love JP! Blythe's had the great idea to have a gun sale the same day as the Valpo show. Doh! I'm up for anything as long as it isn't when I have to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom