Not open for further replies.

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    Hey guys!

im new to this but I'm excited to be here and expand my knowledge with your help. I understand that i have to make 50 posts in order to have certain permissions on this site. I received an PM from an admin saying stop the one word responses. I made a couple comments to posts or threads saying "hahah" or "nice". After the PM I ceased the one word responses and began commenting with more lengthy responses as in "I'm a fan of this or that" or "how do you like the gun. Pros and cons" etc.... trying to expand my knowledge. I'm not here with a malicious intent to just get my 50 posts any which way possible. I received another pm saying that I basically blew off the first email. With that being said, my comments were removed even though I thought they were meeting the standards.

Hell me out, guys. What is the standard across the board that is required.

Please advise.

AFG.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The term is "1" liners not just 1 word.
    Put some teeth in your posts. This is how we get to know you. You stated you were glad to be here and ready to do some deals so we want to know who you are.

I am sure there will be some folks along shortly to assist...:):

Welcome and sorry to have to break you in like this.

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    The term is "1" liners not just 1 word.
    Put some teeth in your posts. This is how we get to know you. You stated you were glad to be here and ready to do some deals so we want to know who you are.

I am sure there will be some folks along shortly to assist...:):

Welcome and sorry to have to break you in like this.

i understand that 1 liners aren't accepted. I thought some of my posts were meeting the requirements. But like I said, I'll be more cognizant of my posts. With that being said, the name is Andy. I have a career in law enforcement and I'm located in northwest Indiana. I'm here to improve my knowledge and skill set. I'd also like to contribute to others just getting into the firearm scene. It's a lifestyle as well as a hobby and at sometimes a disease for lack of a better term! Haha

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Welcome to INGO from Hobart. Every single one of us had to go through what you're going through now. Don't sweat it. If you're not concerned about getting into the classifieds don't worry about having post deleted. If you're tempted to use the classifieds become a site supporter and hop on in. Link has been posted up thread for site support.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hey guys!

im new to this but I'm excited to be here and expand my knowledge with your help. I understand that i have to make 50 posts in order to have certain permissions on this site. I received an PM from an admin saying stop the one word responses. I made a couple comments to posts or threads saying "hahah" or "nice". After the PM I ceased the one word responses and began commenting with more lengthy responses as in "I'm a fan of this or that" or "how do you like the gun. Pros and cons" etc.... trying to expand my knowledge. I'm not here with a malicious intent to just get my 50 posts any which way possible. I received another pm saying that I basically blew off the first email. With that being said, my comments were removed even though I thought they were meeting the standards.

Hell me out, guys. What is the standard across the board that is required.

Please advise.

AFG.

I mean no ill intent in this response. You need to start with this thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

1911ly sums it up pretty well in his initial post. If you're interested, my take on it is post #64 and is here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-3.html#post6415188

As you are finding out, INGO is a close knit group. Stick around and you will see dozens, maybe hundreds of people come into the forum for only one thing, the classifieds. Those that come here for the classifieds only are missing the entire point of the site. INGO is a shooting community, not a marketplace. The classifieds are a perk for contributing members, that contribution comes in the form of a $20 site supporter fee, or posting and interacting with other members. The paying of the fee is not required but being an active member that participates is. The reason for the 50 post rule is:
    1. So we can get to know you a little
    2. To help weed out those that think INGO is a marketplace and treat it like Craigslist, Gunbroker or Armslist.

Read the 2 things I linked, it will help. You will see some of the things other members have done for each other and why we don't want the site to turn into a swap meet. Many people on here know each other in real life. Many have opened up their homes, family & property to others.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Paraphrasing what a great American once said, it is not so much the color of the words spoken or written in this case, but the content of those words. Words for the sake of making a sentence, or post don't count and do send out a flag. It is the content of the words, so that they actually add to the discussion rather than just making a statement is what counts.

You'll get the hang of it, and it looks like you are halfway there.

Believe it or not, it doesn't take too long to build up a good number of quality posts, and that is how we get to know you and to be able to trust that when you advertise something for sale, you are trying to be part of the firearm community and not just someone using our for sale forum. ;)

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

1911ly sums it up pretty well in his initial post. If you're interested, my take on it is post #64 and is here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-3.html#post6415188

As you are finding out, INGO is a close knit group. Stick around and you will see dozens, maybe hundreds of people come into the forum for only one thing, the classifieds. Those that come here for the classifieds only are missing the entire point of the site. INGO is a shooting community, not a marketplace. The classifieds are a perk for contributing members, that contribution comes in the form of a $20 site supporter fee, or posting and interacting with other members. The paying of the fee is not required but being an active member that participates is. The reason for the 50 post rule is:
    2. To help weed out those that think INGO is a marketplace and treat it like Craigslist, Gunbroker or Armslist.

Read the 2 things I linked, it will help. You will see some of the things other members have done for each other and why we don't want the site to turn into a swap meet. Many people on here know each other in real life. Many have opened up their homes, family & property to others.

Mr rooster,

very well put out and thank you for the guidance. I guess I was more upset that I received a pm stating that my posts didn't have much substance. I'm not here for the ads section. Yes it is a nice perk and I understand some are joining just for that. That's not me, and maybe I was labeled as one but I want you guys to know I'm not that person. Looking forward to some good discussions!

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT

Another question...can I pay the supporter contribution as well as get my 50 posts? Or is it just one or the other?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom