• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Hi everyone. I am pretty new to the state and I am loving it so far. Not being from around here, I am always looking for good places such as outdoor ranges and other fun stuff. I enjoy target shooting and shotgun sports. I hope to meet all of you soon.

-Dim

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Greetings from Noblesville as well. Welcome to the site. There are some outdoor ranges close to you. I go up to Elwood for outdoor shooting that stretches out to 100 yards. There are also plenty of indoor ranges close.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Greetings from Noblesville as well. Welcome to the site. There are some outdoor ranges close to you. I go up to Elwood for outdoor shooting that stretches out to 100 yards. There are also plenty of indoor ranges close.

Thank you. I have been to all of the local indoors. I would just rather be outside. Shooting a rifle at 25 yards gets a little old. A few of the outdoor ranges close by appear to be member only. I am relatively new to the sport and don't shoot nearly enough to justify a gun club membership.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group neighbor!

:welcome:

If you don't mind a slight drive, there is a Department of Natural Resources range just north of New Castle that is FREE! The Wilber Wright range unfortunately only has 25 and 50 yard ranges. They use the excuse which I really believe after seeing people shoot, that they closed the 100 yard range because too many people were overshooting the backstop.

They also have a shotgun section.

They are closed on Monday and Tuesday except for holidays, and I believe range time is 8AM to 5PM. They now have a range officer, which at one time they didn't and I am glad they added one. The ones I have met there have been very nice as long as you follow the rules, and when it comes to firearms, they have every right to get nasty if you don't. ;)

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Welcome to the group neighbor!

:welcome:

If you don't mind a slight drive, there is a Department of Natural Resources range just north of New Castle that is FREE! The Wilber Wright range unfortunately only has 25 and 50 yard ranges. They use the excuse which I really believe after seeing people shoot, that they closed the 100 yard range because too many people were overshooting the backstop.

They also have a shotgun section.

They are closed on Monday and Tuesday except for holidays, and I believe range time is 8AM to 5PM. They now have a range officer, which at one time they didn't and I am glad they added one. The ones I have met there have been very nice as long as you follow the rules, and when it comes to firearms, they have every right to get nasty if you don't. ;)

Wow. That is great info. Thanks a bunch. With spring approaching, I had Wilbur Wright on my radar but I think I'll bump the New Castle range to the top. It's always nice to have a range officer present. Especially at a free range!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom