Not open for further replies.

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Hello INGO!

I am in the process of leaving my 13-year residency in Sacramento CA to return towards my family in Indiana! I will be settling somewhere (based on my job-search results) within 2 hours of Columbus IN so as to allow easier visits & help with my aging parents and disabled brother. As I've just reached 20 years of service with the Army National Guard, I'll be deciding whether to continue service with the Indiana Guard / Army Reserve (possible), opt to be inactive for a spell (likely), or even retire (unlikely, but perhaps a "best fit" as I start a new career).

Either way, I plan to be active on INGO just like I have been on "CalGuns.net" out here in California. I may miss the Cali climate for 3/4 of the year (summer is too brutally hot to "enjoy" out here), but I'll sure enjoy the firearms freedom in a Free State! I'm looking forward to no more 10 day waiting periods, "handgun roster" restrictions on what can be sold at retail, magazine limits, "bullet buttons", sheriff-discretion "may issue" CCW's and the like!

I look forward to INGO meetups & events, meeting fellow INGO's, and learning from the community about local stores, ranges, and other relevant facts surrounding firearms, shooting, & hunting activities in the state!

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Ecstatic definitely is the case on firearms! I bought a used Russian Tigr (Dragunov) at an Indianapolis gun show back in spring '99 right after I returned from my officer basic course at Ft. Benning, and between my next few years in Chicagoland and then Cali, I've only been able to pull it out and shoot a few times (in Nevada, or deep in the Cali mountains) for fear of overeager firearms enforcers taking qualms with it! I refused to put a bullet button on it to make it Cali-legal, but that decision led to it staying in the safe, for the most part.

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Welcome to Indiana. The thought of 13 years in Sacramento makes my buttocks clench really really tightly.

Being deployed a/o away-on-orders for 5.5 years of the 13 did take a bit of the sting out of it. SF Bay area, the coast, Napa, the Sierras, and Tahoe made it a great place for an extended visit ... but continued residence (and family separation) was obviously not going to work for me. CA is circling the toilet bowl on all things related to gov't, and the G Force is increasing. Lovely geography, weather, and, erm, "entertaining" people tho'!

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Welcome from "next door"...Bloomington. Bullet button?!?!?! WT*?

Yeah, on top of the 10rd mag restrictions, every rifle that meets Cali "assault weapon" classification (such evil things like flash suppressors, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, etc.) must NOT have easily (push a button) removeable magazines ... so that mayhem-causing murderers will spend more time reloading, I suppose. This reg was bypassed, slightly, by a "bullet button" which acts like a normal mag release, but requires something daintier than mere fingers to activate. Tips of bullets were found to work out well, hence the devices were quickly named "bullet buttons".

I note that the San Bernardino shooters broke the California gun laws by using 30rd mags without bullet buttons in their spree. Tsk tsk, those evil gun owners just can't seem to follow the law!!

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    :welcome: back and to :ingo: from Valparaiso ! Thanks for your past, present, and maybe future service !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom