• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Camaro123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2017
    Greenwood
    Hello everyone, I am currently building my very first AR15. I just got done completing my lower and now my next step is to buy the bolt carrier grouping. What BCG do you guys prefer? And how many rounds have you put through it? Is it worth the extra cash for nickel boron or nitride finish? Or how about the relia-bolt from sharps rifle company?

As always, thank you very much!

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    For your first AR-15, you need a standard phosphate M16 Bolt Carrier Group. Spend the rest on ammunition and magazines. You, and/or the rest of the rifle components, will almost certainly never out-shoot a standard BCG.

The NiB, Chrome, Nitride, Unobtanium, etc. finishes really don't accomplish much more than a well-maintained .mil bolt other than look pretty, and be a little easier to wipe carbon from.

Truly, a Carpenter 158 bolt is probably what you want, and I prefer strongly buying a bolt that is Magnetic Particle Tested (MPI) and High Pressure Tested (HPT) when possible.

If you just want an "easy button": for a mix of very good features, and a decent price, I like this one: https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-precision-match-grade-phosphate-bcg/

-Nate

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just a friendly reminder folks.. this is the Introduction Forum. Questions will get you more answers when posted in the appropriate Forums. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom