Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I used to enjoy going to Edinburgh outside range and going to gun shows: trading, buying and selling. I got away from it but have recently bought a 38 and a 357. In my day, you could get a 38 used for under $200: imagine my surprise. I mostly dealt with 22s for target shooting. I went to the range yesterday to fire off my new toys and reacquaint myself with my Colt Mustang and my little 22 magnum single action that I kept, b/c I sold everything else. I am on the lookout for a 22 for target shooting as well. I wanted to use this forum to find used pistols but there is a rule about 50 posts, and when I try to respond to an add to post a question, is says I can't b/c of the 50 posts rule. I don't know how/where to post if it says I can't post, ha! I don't want to just add mundane comments on other threads just to get a count, though. I have bought 2 guns from other sites b/c I can't access this site, and am looking for a target 22 and a longer barrel 38 or 357 than the two 2" that I bought last week. I wish I could shop on this site. Any advice? I asked someone about it at a gun range yesterday and they said they didn't have any luck trying to use this site also b/c of the 50 posts rule. Help!

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Welcome to INGO!!! It is not hard to get 50 quality post, just start reading and responding to some of the many different topics. Within a few hours you will be surprised as to how many post you will have accumulated.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Welcome... There are several of options and topics of conversation on this site. It is geared, in my opinion, more to information giving and receiving than it is to selling. Think of it as a great resource to get back into the shooting sports. Lots of good minded folks here who share and suggest, opine, argue ( in good spirit) on a wide range of topics.
    Pull up a chair... contribute when you can and enjoy...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Welcome. Look around, read the rules, then join some conversations. There is no problem "using the site" with less than 50 posts. The classifieds are the only thing on the site you don't have access to at this point. INGO isn't a classified trading site. It's not Craigslist, Armslist, or Gun Broker. It was never designed to be and we don't want it to become that. INGO is a forum first that happens to have a classified section for contributing members. That contribution comes in the form of being an active member with at least 50 posts or becoming a site supporter.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Welcome. Look around, read the rules, then join some conversations. There is no problem "using the site" with less than 50 posts. The classifieds are the only thing on the site you don't have access to at this point. INGO isn't a classified trading site. It's not Craigslist, Armslist, or Gun Broker. It was never designed to be and we don't want it to become that. INGO is a forum first that happens to have a classified section for contributing members. That contribution comes in the form of being an active member with at least 50 posts or becoming a site supporter.

Understood. It's just that when I did a "google" search for purchasing a revolver from a private owner, this site came up.
    I have a car site (S2KCA) that is formatted much like this and their "sell" section is a small part of it, also, more for parts than the actual selling of cars, but that is how I bought one for my son on a cousin site (S2KI), but that is a small part of their function as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to INGO.

If you find something you really want and you're not to your 50 QUALITY posts yet, you can always necome a site supporter for $20.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Thanks, I read that somewhere here, but didn't know how long that process took, so I simply went to other sites for buying (bought 2 last week, and have 2 in the works for this week), since finding them here and not being able to ask questions to the seller was discouraging.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That is where I went for the 357 I bought, and am waiting for a call back on another this evening.

I bought a couple of pistols on Armslist some years ago.
    Guy said in his ad he didn't really want to sell them, but needed the cash for a "court date"???
    The sale went well, guns as advertised...

Two MONTHS later the guy calls me wanting to buy them both back, and at the same price!
    He made ZERO mention of wanting to buy back at the time of the sale, and I would never had agreed.
    I told him I didn't even have one of them, and the other wasn't for sale.

Where do these people come from?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom