• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Slimshad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2017
    Charlestown
    Buddy of mine lives way out in the boonies. He built a great bench and 3 dirt mounds. We sight in guns and decided to make it comfy. His neighbor put in a complaint and now the court says to take it down. Why? We shoot guns there but wanted something better than a picnic table. Anyone deal with this stuff? Sorry for the long first post. I am just looking for answers. Thanks in advance

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Define "make it comfy"...did you build something without a permit? How much property does he have "out in the boonies"? Is there any evidence of your bullets leaving his property and causing damage or potential harm to the neighbors? Is he within two miles of a city or town where there may be an ordinance that applies and prohibits shooting?

I agree with the others...we need more information to really answer your questions.

Welcome to INGO!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buddy of mine lives way out in the boonies. He built a great bench and 3 dirt mounds. We sight in guns and decided to make it comfy. His neighbor put in a complaint and now the court says to take it down. Why? We shoot guns there but wanted something better than a picnic table. Anyone deal with this stuff? Sorry for the long first post. I am just looking for answers. Thanks in advance

Neighbors can suck.

Slimshad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2017
    Charlestown
    Neighbors can suck.
    They can.
    He has 10 acres. Bullet would not leave his property. Been shooting for 4-5 years already. He built 3 mounds of dirt and a small bench in his back yard. We shot of lawn chairs and picnic tables before. He also rolled an acre or 2 and planted clover. The neighbor was taking pictures and sending to DNR. This guy is barking up the wrong tree. So far a county cop has said my buddy is 100% legal. We will see what happens tho.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They can.
    He has 10 acres. Bullet would not leave his property. Been shooting for 4-5 years already. He built 3 mounds of dirt and a small bench in his back yard. We shot of lawn chairs and picnic tables before. He also rolled an acre or 2 and planted clover. The neighbor was taking pictures and sending to DNR. This guy is barking up the wrong tree. So far a county cop has said my buddy is 100% legal. We will see what happens tho.

Watch what you do because he/she is certainly watching.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Welcome to INGO and good luck with the neighbor. Perhaps what you need is a good privacy fence (or hedge that blocks his view to the property)...Or maybe have the Sheriff discuss it with your neighbor and have him mind his own business.

Plenty of threads on here discussing this very issue.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

So, has this already been in front of a judge or some authority? I interpreted this as a legal entity telling him he could not shoot there.

What you are describing in your last post should be fine as you say he has a safe backstop. As long as he isn't in an area where shooting is restricted by some ordinance and the bullets are not leaving the property, the neighbor doesn't have a valid complaint.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

They can.

So you've been to court? Or you received a court order? If the court said you have to take it down, how can you be 100% legal?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom