• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    As requested, I wanted to stop by the new members section. I'm new to the site, but not new to firearms. I was born and bred right here in Indiana, but was away for a lot of years serving with Uncle Sam. Family needs brought me back "home". I have been back a couple years, but I'm still really getting settled back in to life in the Mid-West.

I spent a lot of years in the foothills of the Rockies and miss it very much. I've hunted and fished just about everything possible on our soil, but most of my firearms adventures happen in the back yard these days. It's hard to take hunting around here serious once you've lived out of a backpack and spent weeks at a time miles from nowhere. No offense meant, I grew up rabbit hunting and loved it. I was an outdoorsman from the start. But shooting deer out of a tree stand while they nibble on your neighbors corn is a lot different than stalking them in the Rockies. None the less, I still hold a special interest in firearms outside of hunting.

My hobbies are varied and have evolved with my surroundings. I particularly like levers and six guns, hand loading challenging cartridges, gardening, and just about any outdoor related activity. More recently I dabble at fixing old tractors and have put my long time hobby of restoring old lanterns on the back burner. Not that they don't still follow me home from the occasional flea market or auction.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Welcome. Great intro...most are one liners.

Hunt deer and coyotes eyeball-to-eyeball in their own territory, and I think you'll find the quarry here isn't quite as easy as you perceive. Flatter land, yes. Dumber animals? No.

And hey, if you get bored with deer, just start teaching yourself how to stalk crows and you'll have your life's work set out for you!!

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Welcome back to IN. I hear you on the challenge of finding the hunting here challenging. You'll find lots of vets who've come home to IN on here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :welcome: 2 :ingo: [SUP]from [/SUP]NWI

Jion in the conversation, and the fun. Jump in anywhere and we will disagree with anything you say. Just joking. Kinda. No really, we are mostly here to learn, teach and have fun.

Watch out for copious amounts of sarcasm.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Jion in the conversation, and the fun. Jump in anywhere and we will disagree with anything you say. Just joking. Kinda. No really, we are mostly here to learn, teach and have fun.

True that...especially in the dreaded 'run up to 50' window...you get no respect prior to 50.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom