• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Luka93A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 28, 2017
    North Vernon
    Hello everyone. Been around the site for a few months but recently purchased a gun. Could definitely use some guidance towards conceal carry or general day to day care of your pistol. Excited to be a part of this group.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Welcome to INGO.

Assuming you have your LTCH, get a good, heavy duty belt made for carrying a pistol. I have one from the Belt Man. Holsters and carry style are personal preference ... I carry outside the waistband in a Kramer holster. I always wear 2 shirts, a tucked t-shirt and a looser shirt over the top. 2 spare mags on the other side.

But whatever style you choose, a quality belt and a quality holster make a huge difference.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello everyone. Been around the site for a few months but recently purchased a gun. Could definitely use some guidance towards conceal carry or general day to day care of your pistol. Excited to be a part of this group.

Welcome Luka93A, welcome to INGO and the world of carrying a handgun. As I've said before carrying a handgun is a lifestyle. Are you going by the Post Office? Dropping off recyclable items in a bin that happens to be on school property? Is your church a school or a licensed day care? Crossing a State line? All things you now have to consider. Learn the law, find out what you need to know and learn all you can.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Welcome.

I'm going to assume you bought a handgun if you're referring to CCing. What did you get? If it's a common model you'll get plenty of recommendations on holsters.

The advice about a good belt is key too. Keeping the gun where you want it goes a long way. And it is a journey. Your carry habits will evolve over time as you learn what you like, what works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom