• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeffreedom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2017
    Angola
    Thank you for the add. After trying to figure out an issue on my own,I figured I'd turn to those who might help me think this through.
    I went to renew my Indiana carry permit and was stupid enough to be honest about the "psych" question. I recently had sleep issues and after a sleep study my family Dr. suggested I might talk to a "shrink" about anxiety. I did so and the problem begins.... My application was denied until my shrink sends them a letter. Shrink won't do that because of "liabilities". At this point I can send them my records to "evaluate" before they deny me or schedule a hearing with them. I can only assume I'd have to lawyer up before I try to attempt a hearing meaning this is going to get expensive for a man with no criminal record and voluntary psych issues. I'm dumbfounded and feeling extremely violated for telling the truth. I'm looking for advice on what might be my next move at this point. I've even considered the Florida non-resident approach as a last measure. I live in N. Indiana so either way this is going to be a big mess. If this question would be better served in another thread I hope a mod will move it. I'm not feeling good at all having to travel with my family in this crazy world without being able to defend them should I ever had to. Thank you in advance.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Probably time for a lawyer.

A non-resident permit won't be valid for carry in Indiana if you're a Indiana resident.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Welcome and good luck. My only advice would be stay the heck away from doctors. There are several lawyers on this forum who may be able to help; I would suggest contacting them as opposed to any lawyer you pick out of a phone book.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I can only give you two pieces of advice on this.

1. Lawyer up and hope for the best (but probably won't be cheap, even if you're still denied).

2. Get one of these to carry in the front seat-

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32500

Bud's is currently "out of stock" on this item, but there are several on GB right now.

I carried one of these, loaded in the front seat, when on my honeymoon to Canada.... and the border patrol saw it and said, "Have a great visit. You may proceed."

I realize it's a single-shot, but ONE 3" 410 is better than no protection at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom